series

Participant count
  • Participant list

97dakota
10+ year member

lovin Belize
Missouri
hey quick question. I have an infinity beta digital 100 amp. it is rated at 400 watts bridged at 4 ohms. I have two 4 ohm subs. jl 10w0. so if I wire it in series it will be a 4 ohm load. correct. thanks for the help.

w/ the amp bridged...assuming the subs are dual voice coil subs wire as follows

spk2dvcs.gif

well jmac is correct.....only got the following options

2ohms

spk2m4.gif

8ohms

impspksr.gif

might be able to do something like this.....jus wire like there are 2 subs....im not 100% sure tho....somoene else confirm this for me....(i think this might create a 4ohm load for 2 subs...)

spk4sp4.gif

the amp is 1 ohm stable but if I am looking at it right it says that it puts out more power at 4 ohms than at 2 or even 1. it says bridged 4 ohm 400 watts and 2x200 2 ohm. so is that saying that if I wire them in parrell I will really begaining nothing because it is 2x100 at four ohms. am I making sense. thanks for the help.

well.....its only 4ohm mono stable...the others are sterio......which is a bit different....

bridged/mono are the same thing.....sterio is 2 separate channels....you'd only be able to get 100x2 w/ those subs if you wired them in sterio.....

so your telling me that if I would wire it in either series or parrell I would ruin something. still learning as you can tell thanks for the quick help.

ok...if you wire it in parallel your probably going to run it at to low of an impediance so you only got series or the other way assuming someone else can verify that it will work....but in series your only going to get 100/sub....so either way your only going to get that unless that other way works....sorry

Originally posted by Goddyd4me ok...if you wire it in parallel your probably going to run it at to low of an impediance so you only got series or the other way assuming someone else can verify that it will work....but in series your only going to get 100/sub....so either way your only going to get that unless that other way works....sorry

You will not ruin anything running it in an 8ohm set up. However in this case I would recomend going witht he 2ohm load. Make sure the amp is well ventilated however as you may begin to notice a heating issue. MOST newer amps can handle a 2ohm load tho ok.

HEy I have an older sony headunit. cdx2250 is the model number. I have the amp hooked up right now. as far as I can tell it is working fine. I am new so any other suggestions would be great. thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.