Securing Subwoofer Box - Removeable

So I went ahead and it works a treat, did the whole thing in about an hour with scraps lying around the house so it didn't even cost me anything. Super clean and stealth, and no chance of my subs escaping unless I do a really epic jump.

i use L brackets at the top and bottom of my box, screwed into the metal behind the rear seat. id do that. its not like your going to get a flat daily and all you need is a screwdriver if you need to take it out
That's true, but if you read the thread title and the OP you might see that the idea of this thread was to find an option so that I didn't have to put in any real effort at all to remove the box.

OP I would make a thin false floor as already suggested and attach some sort of feet to the enclosure. Drive a couple bolts down to the false floor and secure it with a wing nut, or just a normal hex nut and have something in your glove compartment to be able to loosen it with.

OP I would make a thin false floor as already suggested and attach some sort of feet to the enclosure. Drive a couple bolts down to the false floor and secure it with a wing nut, or just a normal hex nut and have something in your glove compartment to be able to loosen it with.
Happy with what I did in the end, can't see any problems with it and after some testing I have found that the sub box is very secure. Thanks anyway though!

Happy with what I did in the end, can't see any problems with it and after some testing I have found that the sub box is very secure. Thanks anyway though!

EDIT: sorry for double post, the netbook's ******* out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.