secondary battery

Participant count
  • Participants list

youdoofus

Skibidi
i know bigger is better, but if i was to add a secondary battery in my trunk it'd be an agm as to avoid any kind of potential leaking issues with a standard one, but how big would i really need to go? I ask so that i can budget this out. Im seeing them for around $300 and thatll be a trigger that i cant pull for a little while. Is something like this utterly pointless?

get 1 at advance for $135 with advance.com discount.. u have big 3 done? if not i'd do that before batt., 2nd batt is just something else alt has to charge..

get 1 at advance for $135 with advance.com discount.. u have big 3 done? if not i'd do that before batt., 2nd batt is just something else alt has to charge..
i have the big 3 done, but still using 4 gauge OFC. I need to get 0 gauge too, but am unsure how long i plan on keeping this car and would hate to throw 0 gauge in it just to yank it back out a few mos later

i have the big 3 done, but still using 4 gauge OFC. I need to get 0 gauge too, but am unsure how long i plan on keeping this car and would hate to throw 0 gauge in it just to yank it back out a few mos later
shop for new car and wait to put battery and 0 ga in that if u gonna get 1 in next 6 months.. jan and feb good time to buy car just don't get new model.. sept/oct good too cause new models come out so get a 2018 next fall., or 2017 model in june or july with 15k miles on it.. i get stupid cheap deals on cars but not like 5k like $20k car for like $10-13k, paid $16,800 for my 04 grand prix with 10k miles in 2004 was $30k new..

shop for new car and wait to put battery and 0 ga in that if u gonna get 1 in next 6 months.. jan and feb good time to buy car just don't get new model.. sept/oct good too cause new models come out so get a 2018 next fall., or 2017 model in june or july with 15k miles on it.. i get stupid cheap deals on cars but not like 5k like $20k car for like $10-13k, paid $16,800 for my 04 grand prix with 10k miles in 2004 was $30k new..
im def gonna buy used, cant afford new. Going to sack away some green with the second job and trade mine in or sell it on the market and use that capital for a newer car.Kinda want awd this time, but nothing german. Thinking of an outback maybe.

Sooooo....... I'm also adding a secondary battery. Will just a regular/standard agm stinger battery work? I'm going to be running 2,500-3,000 watts but some of the standard ones only say like 800 watts or 1000 watts. Do I really need something bigger since this a secondary battery?

Sooooo....... I'm also adding a secondary battery. Will just a regular/standard agm stinger battery work? I'm going to be running 2,500-3,000 watts but some of the standard ones only say like 800 watts or 1000 watts. Do I really need something bigger since this a secondary battery?
maybe not stinger

Whats a decent one/watts I should aim for?
The biggest agm that will fit in the oem location under the hood. Then go by amp hours when you look for secondary batts, some one on here said that you should have at least 100 amp hours per 1000 watts rms. You may also want to look at a high output alt as well dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

youdoofus

Skibidi
youdoofus
planet earth
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from