1/0 ga wielding wire question??? Is it better than CCA??

You do not "have" to swap to ofc but it never hurts. But 1/0 welding cable is not equal to 1/0 car Audio. 2/0 is what your after for welding cable. Also your wire is based on amps. Most cca is good for 250a for 1/0 and ofc is rated for 300a for 1/0. If your running 2500 real watts at 13v that's 192 amps or so. So in theory the cca should be fine. The biggest cca issue is that it will corrode faster.

Welding cable is true AWG rating size. Car audio 1/0 is oversized. If my garage wasn't destroyed and I could get to my wiring I would take a picture of 2/0 and 1/0 welding cable with 1/0 Sky high and 1/0 Knukonceptz wire.

Most CCA is good for 250 amps in a 20 foot run. If you need more I would recommend going with OFC.

I have side by side pics of welding cable and Knu power wire both 1/0 and see no difference. Just the strand count is less in the welding cable, thicker strands, than the Knu.

gFG57fS.jpg

JIP8JlW.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.