Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Not true. Rubbing Alcohol has an ingredient added to prevent it from drying skin. I think you can get something similar at the hardware store that is pretty much the same (I think acetone). I takes paint off, so be careful. If the stuff is pretty clean, you don't have to worry too much about cleaning (I mean, what is going to happen under the carpet?)
Juan
Funny, Ive actually seen deadener manufacturers recommend using it. And Ive used it successfully for years.
I would NEVER use acetone, way way too hard on paint/plastic/skin/etc. You want something alot milder... like isopropyl. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Funny, Ive actually seen deadener manufacturers recommend using it. And Ive used it successfully for years.
I would NEVER use acetone, way way too hard on paint/plastic/skin/etc. You want something alot milder... like isopropyl. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I guess my point was you can get rubbing alcohol (which is isopropyl plus other stuff) or you can get the isopropyl. I have never had an issue using just windex with Dynamat Extreme and I have lots in my own car.

Juan

I have yet to try my first piece of SS deadener that's sitting in my garage.

I thouht that vid was to show your deadening products work on his clapping sounds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

We all know how he got that skill. world's fastest fapper.

I guess my point was you can get rubbing alcohol (which is isopropyl plus other stuff) or you can get the isopropyl. I have never had an issue using just windex with Dynamat Extreme and I have lots in my own car.
Juan
Some rubbing alcohol has mineral oil or something in it. Much better to use denatured alcohol from the hardware store. Rubbing alcohol also has a lot of water in it so it dries much more slowly.

Acetone is a much more aggressive solvent, but not much better than denatured alcohol for cutting grease. Acetone will destroy paint instantly. Too risky since it doesn't really bring any extra benefits and usually costs a little more too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.