Second battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

1SSB

All, I am new to this forum and wanted some advice on how to hook up a second battery as I have been told I have a lack of power.

My system is a Orion hcca 12.4 powered by Orion D5000 amp, Focal and Hifonics doors speakers powered by Pioneer GM-D8604 amp, LC2i for bass roll of as it's a stock head unit and power is stock battery. Car is BMW e90

I have been told I don't have enough power as my sub cuts out at high volume which I believe is the case however my door speakers do not cut out and The ground is perfect.

I am planning on wiring a 0 gauge wire from the aleternator to the second battery and keeping the batteries separate.

My question is what battery would you recommend for my system and would I require a battery isolator so that the secound battery will not be degrading by the existing car battery.

My budget is around £300

Could someone advise me please, thanks in advance.

When it drops below 12v its cuts out for about 5-10secs then comes back on but my other amp stays on, no protect lights come on. When i turn the gain down i can turn the volune up more so i believe theres not enough power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.