Second Battery Help ??

A second battery helps if vehicle is on or off.

Even with a 2k amplifier and 100 amp alternator it will help.

The second battery will help with long bass notes and low low notes that need more power.

You will only kill your alternator if you are depleting your batteries quicker then its charging.

This usually happens on full tilt, burps, clipping. I have no idea why you guys are saying its gonna kill his alternator anyway.

Its better if the alternator only takes half the time to charge the battery's then constantly charging one battery to keep up with battery consumption.

Its not a burping question or else any true competitor would say get multiple batteries or multiple alts.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Its better if the alternator only takes half the time to charge the battery's then constantly charging one battery to keep up with battery consumption.

It wouldn't take half the time to charge the battery; unless you're thinking the drain will be the same on both batteries therefore the original battery will be handling half the load and therefore only needing half its original charge. So--If that is your logic then yes, it will take half the time to charge the one battery... but--the second battery would incur the same drain and thus require the same time to charge and... well you see where that goes.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

End result: The output of the alternator will be the same whether he has 1 or 2 batteries. The load, however, will increase and be more of a strain to the alternator.

If his issue was voltage dips or something of that nature, then yes a second battery would help.

It wouldn't take half the time to charge the battery; unless you're thinking the drain will be the same on both batteries therefore the original battery will be handling half the load and therefore only needing half its original charge. So--If that is your logic then yes, it will take half the time to charge the one battery... but--the second battery would incur the same drain and thus require the same time to charge and... well you see where that goes.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
End result: The output of the alternator will be the same whether he has 1 or 2 batteries. The load, however, will increase and be more of a strain to the alternator.

If his issue was voltage dips or something of that nature, then yes a second battery would help.
A second battery is not just to maintain voltage. The capacity of 2 batteries will hold off longer allowing the alternator to not stress as much on larger power consumptions.

Again if you are running to much power via amplifiers or clipping then yes more capacity would be needed. This is why you add batteries or alternators as your power need grows.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Fk the stock alt, when it dies, thats your excuse for a high output alt. If people want their bass staying loud for longer, get the 2nd battery. Every sound system that I've done has benefited from having a 2nd battery either from stabilized voltages or noticeable increase in power output from the amp that has translated to more loudness or being loud consistently over long periods of time. Havent had any stock alt die from a 2nd batttery in any of the systems. Its supposedly only a band aid solution but this **** band aid lasts 5+ years.

So should I start with upgrading my battery under the hood with a Quality AGM such as a Yellowtop or Interstate or as mentioned a Diehard first to see if that corrects the problem? Before I just go buy a second quality battery and have my junk everstart from walmart up front?

So should I start with upgrading my battery under the hood with a Quality AGM such as a Yellowtop or Interstate or as mentioned a Diehard first to see if that corrects the problem? Before I just go buy a second quality battery and have my junk everstart from walmart up front?
Yes. A quality AGM battery with 750+ cca and 55ah will make a significant difference. I will say, like Jeff said, the second battery resulted in noticeable increase in output from my sub amp.

Yes. A quality AGM battery with 750+ cca and 55ah will make a significant difference. I will say, like Jeff said, the second battery resulted in noticeable increase in output from my sub amp.
thank you very much! Do you have any to sell ?

I bought a dual post duracell AGM from sams club for my starting battery for $135 and then bought my second battery from mike and it was one of his Deka 55ah. I explained that the deka is the same as the duracell in a post earlier in this thread so you can run them in parallel if you decide to get two batteries.

So many blanket statements, wow.

If you don't have any voltage drop with your current set up, 1000 batteries won't help. (while the engine is running)

If you do have voltage drop with your current set up, adding a battery MAY help. (so may having a better wire, or a better ground connection, a better single battery...

Not knowing your subwoofer & box , and specific amp how hard you push it... we can't be very exact. But generally a systems with only one 1000 watt amp with a 100 amp alternator and a good battery good wire and connections, won't have voltage drop.

Personally I would never add a second battery without knowing the one battery i do have is in perfect, new like condition, maintaining 12.6 volt for 24 hours.

FWIW, adding a batteries does add more load on your alternator, poor condition batteries also add load to your system.

So many blanket statements, wow.
If you don't have any voltage drop with your current set up, 1000 batteries won't help. (while the engine is running)

If you do have voltage drop with your current set up, adding a battery MAY help. (so may having a better wire, or a better ground connection, a better single battery...

Not knowing your subwoofer & box , and specific amp how hard you push it... we can't be very exact. But generally a systems with only one 1000 watt amp with a 100 amp alternator and a good battery good wire and connections, won't have voltage drop.

Personally I would never add a second battery without knowing the one battery i do have is in perfect, new like condition, maintaining 12.6 volt for 24 hours.

FWIW, adding a batteries does add more load on your alternator, poor condition batteries also add load to your system.
That cleared up some things, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.