sealed vs ported for sq that packs a punch for a single orion hcca 10.2

HellafideH3
10+ year member

I have a single orion HCCA 10.2 being pushed by a Fosgate T1500.1 BDCP

I have it in a ported tuned to 45hz spl box now but cant play most music through it was wondering

If I put it in a sealed and crank up my amp would it still hit with a punch?

not if the sub has really stiff mechanical suspension.
Might be time to pick up a book' date=' bro. Just sayin'. 

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Ported. Allows for sub to "move" more easily for better response.
Not sure if troll or...

Thats what I had thought and true actual dbs right? Not a seemingly. Heavier bass like a ported, the manual says for best sq to go sealed I was just wondering if it would feel any different.I have my gain at half throttle and it makes the sub smoke it stinks up my H3 like its freakin on fire lol ive had eclipse titanium 12s back in the day in a sealed and they hhit so freakin hard and sounded amazing as far as sq this subs excursion is about the same

Thats what I had thought and true actual dbs right? Not a seemingly. Heavier bass like a ported, the manual says for best sq to go sealed I was just wondering if it would feel any different.I have my gain at half throttle and it makes the sub smoke it stinks up my H3 like its freakin on fire lol ive had eclipse titanium 12s back in the day in a sealed and they hhit so freakin hard and sounded amazing as far as sq this subs excursion is about the same
Not sure if troll or...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.