sealed vs ported clamshells

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ryan shaw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
getting more interested in clamshells, trying to distinguish the advantages of a ported vs sealed. i know the ported will peak louder at tuning, but I'm reading that a sealed might be able to hit harder lower?

looking at doing something like a diamond for sealed such as 6 18's sealed, 16 12's sealed, or 8 15's sealed. for ported either 6 15's ported or 4 18s

for ported i'm looking for something like this

subdoofers.jpg

for sealed something like the 16 12 setup that gala monkey had in an astro i remember

i'm afraid with a diamond though i can only be about 32" deep which won't be long enough to really get the subs to load well enough to have some bottom octave authority

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I scrolled thru there trying to find TS specs and must have missed them or they weren't displaying. Anyway, looks like 2cuft tuned to ~35hz was a...
For what it’s worth… I picked up a mti stage 4 or 5 for around 900.00. Loaded with jl tw3 it’s was 1995.00. Which is a good 1k off what I would...
Assuming the taget curve is the same they will sound very similar. 2nd and 3rd order harmonics might be different but are offer hard to even hear...
😂😂 I actually have a CNC at my shop (I make drone parts for a living). It’s just that I got intimidated by all the tuning (equipment I don’t...
What he said... Any damping of over 80 is fine, 200 is really good, so 1000 is like my 80lb home audio amp! Unless you are using certified Hi-res...

About this thread

Ryan shaw

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Ryan shaw
Boulder, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date