sealed r vented for alpine type r's?

it will obviously be louder ported. im just saying you cant just say oh it has to be ported, theres alot more to consider like space and application. not everyone is all about spl. theres way to many single minded people on this forum.
possibly. but 2 sealed would be around the same size as 1 ported. sealing 2 type R's is a waste of money and power. porting 1 saves money and power over sealing 2. if you want a sealed setup, then buy a sub that performs well sealed.

i have done both, and my sealed enclosure sounds so much better FYI, and if you want to get louder then you should definitely go ported. And no, they don't sound bad, they sound better.
Probably because your ported box was a retarded piece of ****.

A sealed box is more forgiving to mistakes, so even if its too big or too small its not going to be as noticable, much the reason everyone says a sealed box sounds better.

A incorrectly built and designed ported box will not be very forgiving like endofdays boxes, and can yield bad results.

However a properly built ported box can sound just as good as a sealed box. If you cant build a ported box get someone to do it for you.

I ran my 2 R's in a sealed box for a while when I first got them, and they were just fine. I eventually built myself a proper ported box though and they were twice as loud as they were sealed, and even puts out a fair amount of vba. It just depends on what your tastes in music are really. If you listen to strictly rock/metal/ or country, I'd go sealed. If you listen to rap & like to be obnoxious, go ported.

My Boxes were 0.96cf x2 sealed; and 1.4cf @35hz x2 ported. Both have individual chambers.

Ive heard a type R in all types of applications.. my buddy had 1 12" in a sealed box AND 1 12" in a pre-fab ported box in his trunk AT THE SAME TIME. yeah.. i wouldnt stop harrassing him about it and we ended up building 1 ported box for both tuned to 30hz. HUGE difference, easily 4-5db gain. He's had them both sealed before and not near the output as both ported PROPERLY. They were powered by a SPL 5500D, rated 3200 @ 1(maybe ~2200 rms @ 1) and they took it like a champ in a GOOD ported box.

a proper ported box will sound good on any music.
I beg to differ if he wants tight precis bass a saeled if the way to go in rock music and all with drums ported will drag out the bass making it seem like it is not a drum at all.

I beg to differ if he wants tight precis bass a saeled if the way to go in rock music and all with drums ported will drag out the bass making it seem like it is not a drum at all.
nope. if you have it in an incorrect box for the sub, then you'll get this. if you design, and build the box around the subs T/S parameters, ported sounds fine with any music. i'm a metal guy (with some rap sprinkled in), and i love ported. mistakes in the design, or construction of a ported box will be much more noticeable than mistakes making a sealed box. it's quite satisfying to port an 8, and get as loud as alot of people's 12's.

It's funny how many people will say "your wrong" when someone says a ported box sounds better or a sealed box sounds better. Everyone has a different view on how much bass sounds good, some want a little others want a lot. Saying someone is wrong when they say it "sounds" better is completely stupid. Now if your talking about putting it on a meter then ported is the way to go. But most people on here don't care about being loud on a meter, they just want it to sound good for their own personal taste.

It's funny how many people will say "your wrong" when someone says a ported box sounds better or a sealed box sounds better. Everyone has a different view on how much bass sounds good, some want a little others want a lot. Saying someone is wrong when they say it "sounds" better is completely stupid. Now if your talking about putting it on a meter then ported is the way to go. But most people on here don't care about being loud on a meter, they just want it to sound good for their own personal taste.
I can see what you are saying, however its not set in stone that a sealed box is going to sound better which is what he is saying.

What i said it stating an opinion which everyone has a different one about what really sounds "good"

He was trying to state a incorrect fact

LOL@U. The port ends up acting like extra cone area in the tuned range... BASICALLY. Don't quote me and go "LOL", because that's the best way I can explain it in laymen's.

And a well designed and constructed ported enclosure can have the same exact response (in terms of quickness) as a sealed... but, this of course, depends on the driver. Some drivers (Like almost all the DD's drivers) are designed to play in ported enclosures, making them have a really nice response.

I can see what you are saying, however its not set in stone that a sealed box is going to sound better which is what he is saying. What i said it stating an opinion which everyone has a different one about what really sounds "good"

He was trying to state a incorrect fact
x2

As said in my previous post, how good a driver will sound in a ported or sealed enclosure is purely based on the driver's design and construction, and the box's design/construction. There are a lot of factors (even the car's cabin, and many times the trunk, is a factor that most people disregard.) Tuning changes when you put it in a car, regardless of what anyone argues. If you put your subs in your trunk, it acts like a 6th order bandpass, automatically... and different vehicles will have a different resonant frequency...

I could keep going, but do you see? There's just so many different variables you have to think of... and what that person was saying is that a sealed will always have a quicker response... which is completely untrue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.