Sealed build: 4 havoc15's, AB500.1, D3100's, Fisher Custom's box

thats a hefty chunk of copper ya got there. This should be good for sure. Hurry up, ya know the snow is comin lol. Actually while your at it let me know what the weather is gonna be like out here since you get it first lol. It was about 28° this morning so I'm thinking winter is coming, we will probably have one or 2 more warm days out but its here now.

thats a hefty chunk of copper ya got there. This should be good for sure. Hurry up, ya know the snow is comin lol. Actually while your at it let me know what the weather is gonna be like out here since you get it first lol. It was about 28° this morning so I'm thinking winter is coming, we will probably have one or 2 more warm days out but its here now.
High of 34 here today, warmin back up tomorrow though, will be in the 50's for the next few days.

***** when your truck doesn't fit in the garage to work on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

High of 34 here today, warmin back up tomorrow though, will be in the 50's for the next few days.
***** when your truck doesn't fit in the garage to work on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
haha tell me about it. I can at least get mine partially in lol, important stuff like the cab and hood can get in out of the rain.

Thanksgiving last year was warm enough I was outside working in a t-shirt though lol.

Guess ya just need a bigger garage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A little progress today, not much to show. Made two negative runs down the passenger side and the 2nd positive run through the stock wiring harness tray across the engine compartment and then down the drivers side. All 3 under the truck, I put the positive in conduit, just left the negatives as they are.

If I get time tomorrow I'll cut up the bus bars so I can get the back batts all wired together.

Thinking about picking up a powermaster d2400 or d2700 to replace the yellowtop with. Do top bolt terminals and just chop my factory post type connections and put ring terminals on em. The wiring looks oogly under my hood right now, gotta figure out a way to clean it up:

Some wire, in the engine compartment this time:

newbuild015vu1.jpg

Some more wire, in the back of the truck....yay:

newbuild014pd6.jpg

Gotta order some more red 1/0, I think I have all the gray I need, too much probably

That sure is a lot of wire ya got there.

What brand wire is that? The jacket looks very similar to hyperflex, I just don't think I have seen red hyperflex before though.

Also how come you didn't run all the wired down the same side in the same area?

Looks good so far, now get back, out there and finish it up lol. Don't tell me its too cold, just gotta dress for the weather, I changed my fuel filters yesterday and I think it was about 28°, even had a small patch of water in the driveway that was frozen solid.

That sure is a lot of wire ya got there.
What brand wire is that? The jacket looks very similar to hyperflex, I just don't think I have seen red hyperflex before though.

Also how come you didn't run all the wired down the same side in the same area?

Looks good so far, now get back, out there and finish it up lol. Don't tell me its too cold, just gotta dress for the weather, I changed my fuel filters yesterday and I think it was about 28°, even had a small patch of water in the driveway that was frozen solid.
The wire is Knu flex wire, basically the same as hyperflex just easier/cheaper for me to get by the foot. I already had one positive run made through the firewall when I first got the truck, so wasn't going to rerun that. And with the 2nd positive run in conduit it wouldn't have fit down the passenger side very well beside 2 other runs. Basically wanted lots of room to not burn or pinch the wire.

Its actually nice out today but gotta go help a buddy work on his truck. Supposed to be nice for the next couple of days though so I should be able to get some more done soon.

I don't work in the cold unless its work that is keeping my truck from running. Gravy work gets done when its warm out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

The wire is Knu flex wire, basically the same as hyperflex just easier/cheaper for me to get by the foot. I already had one positive run made through the firewall when I first got the truck, so wasn't going to rerun that. And with the 2nd positive run in conduit it wouldn't have fit down the passenger side very well beside 2 other runs. Basically wanted lots of room to not burn or pinch the wire.
Its actually nice out today but gotta go help a buddy work on his truck. Supposed to be nice for the next couple of days though so I should be able to get some more done soon.

I don't work in the cold unless its work that is keeping my truck from running. Gravy work gets done when its warm out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Sure is no sense in trying to force the wire into a spot that might cause it to get pinched or melted.

Good to hear on the wire I may have to look into that if I go to upgrade my electrical.

Hopefully that warm weather will head this way for later on in the week. Would be nice to get a few more warm workin days in before the cold comes to stay.

Tiny update, buss bars done. Going to build the wires but not going to hook them up until I get back home with the box that BJ finished. Should be picking that up in about a week:

f_newbuild016m_6b39fb9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.