Sealed build: 4 havoc15's, AB500.1, D3100's, Fisher Custom's box

you have one of the very few model of trucks that i would ever consider owning

and wats more, one of the few trucks i lik to see lifted

if you knew me, you'd kno how much of a compliment that was

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this is good s**t

subscribed

edit: i like how its in the road and taking up both lanes, thats somthing i would do:laugh:

you have one of the very few model of trucks that i would ever consider owningand wats more, one of the few trucks i lik to see lifted

if you knew me, you'd kno how much of a compliment that was

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this is good s**t

subscribed

edit: i like how its in the road and taking up both lanes, thats somthing i would do:laugh:
Thanks for the compliment man. Was headed out fishing to a lake in the middle of nowhere so figured with no traffic around it was a good photo op

enjoy the amp man, those things are beasts and that was my last one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I'm sure I will, hopefully you get some money today and can figure out whats next

This set up is going to be clean and loud as hell. I really love the sealed boxes but always go ported cause I wanted loud. Sometimes I miss my pair of 15" TC9's, they were in a 6cf sealed box with only 1500-2000w. It was one cleanest and loudest set up that I had. I was doing 146 in music tl numbers of course.

Good look with the build man and keep up posted.

Chris

This set up is going to be clean and loud as hell. I really love the sealed boxes but always go ported cause I wanted loud. Sometimes I miss my pair of 15" TC9's, they were in a 6cf sealed box with only 1500-2000w. It was one cleanest and loudest set up that I had. I was doing 146 in music tl numbers of course. Good look with the build man and keep up posted.

Chris
You must not be familiar with my installs...they always end up quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hopefully it will be decently loud, I picked up a TL to play around with and practice for bassrace so it should be fun.

I like loud too but I'm old. I sat in a 150 car and it was more uncomfortable than enjoyable...haha. Would be great fun to be that loud for comps though, just not going to happen with this one.

You must not be familiar with my installs...they always end up quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Totally true, still waiting on you to stop slackin and just wall it off:crazy:

Your probable much of the reason I wanna try a single 15 wedged between my seats firing towards the back row. Let me know when the next setup comes and hopefully I will have the money to switch things up by then.

Totally true, still waiting on you to stop slackin and just wall it off:crazy:
Your probable much of the reason I wanna try a single 15 wedged between my seats firing towards the back row. Let me know when the next setup comes and hopefully I will have the money to switch things up by then.
No walls for me, yet. Hopefully I'm somewhat satisfied with this sub setup as I really need to work on my front stage. Hating the bostons, wanting to do something different but that will have to wait until spring.

A 15 console box would be cool, don't think I've ever seen that done with a 15.

No walls for me, yet. Hopefully I'm somewhat satisfied with this sub setup as I really need to work on my front stage. Hating the bostons, wanting to do something different but that will have to wait until spring.
A 15 console box would be cool, don't think I've ever seen that done with a 15.
That ***** about the Bostons, got any ideas on front stage upgrades?

Thats what I am thinking, I got about around 15-16" between the seats but the mounting ring and such would be just behind the seats and the box would taper in just slightly behind that to fit between them. I am trying to stay as stealth as possible and keep the area above the tranny tunnel open but it seems be be moving more and more towards a full console build with each thought lol. I'm just old school and like a full bench or bench style seating up front.

All the batteries going to be able to fit below the box? That frame you had built sure is working out nice with all the changing of substages //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That ***** about the Bostons, got any ideas on front stage upgrades?
Thats what I am thinking, I got about around 15-16" between the seats but the mounting ring and such would be just behind the seats and the box would taper in just slightly behind that to fit between them. I am trying to stay as stealth as possible and keep the area above the tranny tunnel open but it seems be be moving more and more towards a full console build with each thought lol. I'm just old school and like a full bench or bench style seating up front.

All the batteries going to be able to fit below the box? That frame you had built sure is working out nice with all the changing of substages //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
The boston's are just harsh and lack midbass. Can't cross them very low. I had cdt ef's in my last install, might try a set of those. Won't get near as loud as the bostons but should sound better. I'm lazy there too, don't want to go active, just want to be able to throw a component set in passive and have it sound decent.

Stealth and big just don't go hand in hand. A full console build upholstered to match could be cool and somewhat stealthy though.

The box is only 17.25" tall so it will easily fit over the batteries and under the window line. I was going to lay the batteries on their side but it will be easier to do buss bars with them standing up. I'm loving that steel frame MTO built for me, best 200 bucks I've spent on the truck.

It took a bit of tuning to really get the midbass to come alive with mine. Maybe that will help with yours too, little bit of bumping in the lower octaves. I don't know about TL loud but I know that the music can drown out a police siren right near my truck lol. Honestly I didn't find active all that hard, having the processing on the HU made it pretty simple. Granted I didn't go all out like most do when going active but just ballparked the crossover points and slopes and let it sing.

Very true just gotta save some money and throw some play money at some bills before I go experimenting. Plus its starting to get cold (easy excuse lol) so spring time I will probably see about doing a bunch, deadening and maybe some glassing for a center console.

Looking forward to seeing the box design and getting it all finished up. Should put a nice lighted plexi Ford emblem in it or something. I gotta bug my buddy some more to remove his back seat and build something big.

woohoo, battery mounts are done, had the frame built up to be level above the batteries as well. Unfortunately its at the shop about 30 miles away and I am waiting on a ride to go pick it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Is this what you speak of?

10cf_sealed_15quad.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.