sealed box vs ported

I was wanting to know if it would be bad if i transfered my two 15inch kicker subs from a sealed box to a ported box i was wanting to know if it would be bad for the subwoofer
it wont be bad for the subwoofer unless you play solely below box tuning.

To ensure this, you need to tune low enough to hit the range of music you listen to so you never bottom out your sub.

However it can be bad for your sound quality and output if you put them in a junk pre-built ported box. Or try to squeeze them inside a small trunk. You need a properly designed ported box by someone that knows how to get loud. Never amazon or ebay or wherever you see prebuilt boxes.

I have heard that transfering from the sealed box to the ported box will cause the woofers to be able to move more thus causeing it to be easier to blow the sub

I have heard that transfering from the sealed box to the ported box will cause the woofers to be able to move more thus causeing it to be easier to blow the sub
As i said only if you play BELOW BOX TUNING if you dont play below box tuning, theres no reason not to go ported. Id say just stick to sealed if you have no idea what you are doing.

Im wanting to switch to ported because of the added bump in the bass i am running 2 kicker 15inch subs in a sealed box with a pioneer 1000w amp and it barely rattles the windows and you cant hear it outside and you cant "feel" the bass

So if a box is tuned for 30hz dont turn the amp below 30hz?... Explain excuse me while I'm new to this
if the amp has a subsonic filter, you set it to 75% of the box tuning. low pass filter should very high and the head unit should take care of that. Low pass on the head unit will be 80hz.

Im wanting to switch to ported because of the added bump in the bass i am running 2 kicker 15inch subs in a sealed box with a pioneer 1000w amp and it barely rattles the windows and you cant hear it outside and you cant "feel" the bass
This should be plenty loud. Sounds like you have something wrong

What could be wrong then?
do u have ss filter on amp (most pioneers don't or i'd buy 1) but if it has 1 and it's set to high no bass (don't really need it on sealed box).. if low pass is set to low not as much bass (set it 80-120hz), gain if turned all the way down not much volume.. if subs are svc 4 ohm and amp does 1k at 1 ohm but u are running at 2 ohm, u only getting 1/2 power from amp.. just some of things could be wrong..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.