sealed baskets for door speakers

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
Everybody talks about how doors need to be treated to get the best output out of them. Preventing air leaks in the door, sound deadening, etc, etc....

Why not just put in a door speaker with a sealed basket? Problem solved?

Everybody talks about how doors need to be treated to get the best output out of them. Preventing air leaks in the door' date=' sound deadening, etc, etc....
Why not just put in a door speaker with a sealed basket? Problem solved?[/quote']

Depends on the driver. Sometimes, yes, for sure. Although it's easier said than done in a lot of applications.

Speakers need air space behind them. You can use a sealed enclosure but the volume of the enclosure has to match the speaker's needs. A sealed basket would be zero cu ft.

yeah, trying to build an enclosure big enough in the door can be a challenge. Also since most car audio drivers are designed with a door panel in mind, you'd need a pretty big enclosure behind the door. Regardless, this is why I always do kickpanel installs in my car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

whats the difference between what the op said and building fiberglass pods,all the ones i ever seen were sealed, one of the criticism

of the qlogic kicks are that they are open in the back and not sealed

whats the difference between what the op said and building fiberglass pods,all the ones i ever seen were sealed, one of the criticism
of the qlogic kicks are that they are open in the back and not sealed
i was wondering this as well. i havnt seen many kick panels. but the ones i have are always sealed with a little room behind the speaker.

Can you put the speaker in a "cup" like enclosure to give it more volume and so you don't have to seal the doors?

The way I see it, the cup would slide right into the panel hole and the back wave would be captured like a sealed box. The door no longer has to be sealed off and deadened.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.