Scrapping the bose system in my 2004 Audi A4

Participant count
  • Participant list

meistah
10+ year member

Hey all, as the title states looking to get rid of the bose system in my car. I already have a pioneer avh-p4000dvd deck waiting to be installed. Now I'm just trying to figure out what direction to go with the speakers.

I have 2 maw 15s and a 1200w monoblock amp that I can use, but I want something smaller. Ideally I wanted to have the subs where the current bose sub is (firing into the cabin from the deck under the rear windshield) So I was thinking of doing a box/fiberglassing something into place there with 1 or 2 10's.

I can get 2 pioneer champion subs from a friend for pretty cheap, but I'm a little iffy on how good they would be for sound quality. I've had 2 15s in a 6 cu^ft ported box before so I'm passed the crazy bass stage, looking purely for SQ. Alternatively I was looking at mach5's website and they are selling the 10" IXL sub for $109, which seems like it might be a good fit.

Also looking for opinions on speakers. I have 2 5.25" focal 130ca's that I could put in (love the sound of em) but I'd rather get something that fits in the 6.5" space in the door.

Keep in mind that I'm up in the frozen north land :p and some of the brands that you get in the states aren't as easily accessible to me, or are a lot more expensive.

Ok, so I went ahead and bought some hertz hsk-165s (comps and coaxs) I'll grab a 4 channel amp off craigslist for those.... Just need to figure out the sub. I'm thinking of doing 1 10.... Had my eye on an eclipse sw8200, but I'm concerned abt the low efficiency (83db). It will be powered by a viper d1200.1.... Lookin for some input! Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.