SA-8 V2 help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wiring Kit: 4 gague amp kit.

Fuse: SQ 100A fuse.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Amplifier: Class D monoblock amplifier 1500 watt max, 1 ohm load stable

-RMS power: 600 x 1rms @4ohm; 950 x 1rms @ 2ohm; 1500 x 1rms @ 1ohm.

Capacitor: SQ 2 farad power capacitor with digital display.

Enclosure: .75 cu. ft. Ported enclosure tuned to 34 hertz.

Subwoofer: SA-8 v2, 2ohm dual voice coil subwoofer. @ 500 watts RMS

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Now I've heard or seen at least a couple cases where users ran 1200 to 1500 watts to their subwoofer. With my limited knowledge I believe that if I were to wire my subwoofer in parallel that brings it down to 1 ohm. This in turn will allow the amplifier to feed the subwoffer 1500 watts. Correct me if I'm wrong I'm here to learn. Has anyone here had any first hand accounts with this situation? Would anyone advise me against this? Or should I just play it safe and wire it in series which brings it to 4 ohms and the subwoofer would only be fed 600 watts. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance for any input.

Wiring Kit: 4 gague amp kit.
Fuse: SQ 100A fuse.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Amplifier: Class D monoblock amplifier 1500 watt max, 1 ohm load stable

-RMS power: 600 x 1rms @4ohm; 950 x 1rms @ 2ohm; 1500 x 1rms @ 1ohm.

Capacitor: SQ 2 farad power capacitor with digital display.

Enclosure: .75 cu. ft. Ported enclosure tuned to 34 hertz.

Subwoofer: SA-8 v2, 2ohm dual voice coil subwoofer. @ 500 watts RMS

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Now I've heard or seen at least a couple cases where users ran 1200 to 1500 watts to their subwoofer. With my limited knowledge I believe that if I were to wire my subwoofer in parallel that brings it down to 1 ohm. This in turn will allow the amplifier to feed the subwoffer 1500 watts. Correct me if I'm wrong I'm here to learn. Has anyone here had any first hand accounts with this situation? Would anyone advise me against this? Or should I just play it safe and wire it in series which brings it to 4 ohms and the subwoofer would only be fed 600 watts. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance for any input.
I would not.feed that sub 1500rms ..more like 7-900 ..u can still wire to 1 ohm just set ur gain to match the output.u want

Ok I was worried that I would blow it or something.
You can easily blow it with that much power in the wrong box. Properly setting gains is also key if you want the sub to survive heavy overpowering

Also that box seems too small if its a prefab enclosure dont bother ...get someone on here to design u a box for it u will be alot happier
Humm I was going off the specs of the subwofer requirements. I already ordered the enclosure from Moblie Sound Works...ill use that for the time being...any particular suggestions regarding the enclosure?

You can easily blow it with that much power in the wrong box. Properly setting gains is also key if you want the sub to survive heavy overpowering
Ok so let me get this. The gain dictates the amount of power being sent to the sub? So at 1 ohm with the dial at half way I would be seeing approximately 750 to the sub?

you can not just guess where the knob is set to approximate how much output power you have. You can use a multimeter to measure output voltage though, and use ohms law to set to the output power you desire

you can not just guess where the knob is set to approximate how much output power you have. You can use a multimeter to measure output voltage though, and use ohms law to set to the output power you desire
Alright ill try to dig for my multimeter tomorrow. Thank you all for your responses and ill definitely be back with more questions.

another thing, if you didn't purchase the capacitor yet, don't bother. they're a gimmick and not beneficial to car audio the way they are used

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.