Headphone comparo

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
DD Audio DXB 1.1($50) vs Shure SE315($204) vs Klisph S4i($70) vs Minutio Bullets($60)

Alright I know this is not really a fair comparision but it will lay out what you get for your money and where it shows the most.

First the DD, DD is new to the personal audio. Props to their customer service on this one. I ordered off the DD4Life site, sending to my FPO address. I got the bill but after a week never got the shipping info. I emailed them and I got forward to the shipping dept. I already got my Shure's off amazon so I asked for a refund. Well i got a refund a few days later but recieved the headphones yesterday!! So the win in price goes to DD.

DD Pros:

Cost(free)

Fit and finish is great, the real wood speaker housing is very pleasing, the cable is woven and seems great quality.

Sound iso is pretty good for a mic enabled headphone

Mic and play/pause control

Cons:

A bit over exagerated on the low and high end but they still manage to blend.

Complex bass lines can sound muddy, such as Limp Bisket.

The sound stage is decent.

Nothing special with the ear peices, they fit like most in this price range fit.

Overall I'm trying to compare them to the Shure's, you just cant. For the price range they do outpreform others such as Skull Candies. Time will tell how they hold up.

Klipsh S4i

Pros:

Good ear peices

Mic with controls

Non-tangle cord

Cons:

Basic SQ, nothing special

They only lasted a few months and the housing cannot be taken apart to repair.

Overall the cord was very simple but thats about it.

Minuto Bullets

Pros:

9mm driver

looked pretty cool

Cons:

They only lasted a few minutes. I went to pull the ear peice off to change it and they fell apart.

Overall if they held up I might have more to say

Shure ES315

Pros:

Fit, they come with 10 ear peices so you will find one that fits so good you forget they are even there.

Sound stage is amazing. Not only can you see the stage you can tell when the lead singer starts struming.

Cord is replacable

Cord is very high quality

Adjustable wrap around

Very loud but will distort over 80% on the ipod, you will never need to go that high.

Iso is amazing, it seemed to make me sick to my stomach in the gym because I really could not hear anything else.

Cons:

The high quality cord is thick and at times annoying

No mic but you can get the cord, you do lose some iso though

Overall you get what you pay for. These are truly amazing, Shure's top level single driver in ear model. I may end up trying the $800+ 4 driver model one day.

Shure

DD

Klipsh

Minuto

If you are like me and compare how your car sounds to a good set of headphones spend the money on the Shure's

I like the idea of the cable being replaceable. That is a very nice feature.

I've never been a ear bud fan. I use over heads. But when I did have ear phones. I used Sony XB-40s. They made it through the washing machine and still worked. Incredible.

What do you guys think are the best for around 70$? I need em to be able to stand daily workouts over ear or in ear are fine. Would like them to be bass heavy. I had the 40 MM Sony over ears and liked em

What do you guys think are the best for around 70$? I need em to be able to stand daily workouts over ear or in ear are fine.
Depends on what type of sound signature you like. Based on your sig you would prefer a set that has an enhanced low end.

What do you guys think are the best for around 70$? I need em to be able to stand daily workouts over ear or in ear are fine. Would like them to be bass heavy. I had the 40 MM Sony over ears and liked em
Those are my favorite too. They are what I am using right now. The XB500s and I also have a pair of the 700s.

Do you know where to buy em still I want the 60s
Which ones are the 60s?

There were the XB300s which were 30mm, the XB500s which were 40mm, the XB700s which were 50mm, and the XB1000s which were 70mm drivers.

The XB300 and 500 and the boomiest bass. THe 700 and 1000 had more laid back bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date