SA-8 v.2 Prototype Finally Done

kinda sux considering SSA just shipped out the Sa-8s in august or so I haven't even installed mine or taken out of boxes and new ones are being produced!!
LOL same here I was going to buy 3 yesterday then I see the new ones are coming so I said yea I will just buy my amp now and wait for the pre-order..

Well -- the box with some of the re-cone parts arrived but the subs got separated. SO here are some photos @ the shop of some of the parts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

CIMG5454.JPG

* Progression of the baskets... to the left the original 12-spoke, then the 8-leg, and now the fully tooled Sundown frame!

CIMG5455.JPG

CIMG5456.JPG

* Wider new spider on the left and older spider on the right (we have round lead spiders in stock for re-cones)

CIMG5457.JPG

* 10mm wider with an entire extra roll on the outside.

CIMG5458.JPG

* Doubled up / large round lead wires.

CIMG5459.JPG

* First step -- bottom spider with no leads.

CIMG5460.JPG

* Second step -- spacer ring in place and center glue joint support ring (there is another behind the rear spider as well)

CIMG5461.JPG

* Then the top spider on top of the spacer ring -- there will be a steel bolt-on ring on top of all of this in production.

CIMG5463.JPG

* Logo in the basket base inside, under the spiders

CIMG5464.JPG

* Visible external logo

CIMG5465.JPG

* New gasket vs. old gasket -- hard to tell but the new one is slightly bigger so we had to tool it anyway so we put the logo in it too.

CIMG5466.JPG

Loving the pics Jacob! Looks beast, hopefully by this time next year I'll be rocking a pair of these b-stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

kinda sux considering SSA just shipped out the Sa-8s in august or so I haven't even installed mine or taken out of boxes and new ones are being produced!!
Sell them off now before everyone catches onto the V2! Should cover a good chunk of the pre-sale pricing.

Based on the drawings it should be:

Frame - 80mm depth

Spacer - 10mm depth

Motor - 75mm depth

----------

165mm total

6.49" total

Gained about 1" total

I'd prefer to measure it all in person before making an official depth statement just to make sure.

It looks like I have been out of touch to long Jacob. These make me want to get back into car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

It looks like I have been out of touch to long Jacob. These make me want to get back into car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am super excited... just unboxed the first one and took pictures as fast as I could... will have a free-air video up soon... more testing ASAP :

Group_1.jpg

* Newest @ left to the oldest @ right.

Group_2.jpg

Group_3.jpg

Group_4.jpg

Back_Side.jpg

Leads.jpg

For reference it was CRANKED -- I'm not sure what it would take to get that kind of throw in a box but it would be ALOT of power. At levels that the original SA-8 would be making bad mechanical noise this one is dead silent -- I was excited so I pushed it as far as I could right away in the video *laughs*

Doesn't change the price at all -- the parts had to be custom tooled anyway. The goal is to fend off copy-cat products using my molds that I paid for.
Oh, thats nice. Its not that I dont like the looks, just figured it was an added cost that wasnt needed. But since it didnt effect cost it serves your purpose and looks decent too. The first SA8s were a very nice driver... I've gotten away from using 8s, but these might pull me back in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I can only imagine how beastly these look in person. The originals suprised the hell out of me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.