Sa-12 box

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Mobile
I just ordered two sa-12 d4 and I want to start on the box so when they get here I can throw them in. I’m going to order a taramps md3k for them. Space available is 33w 23d 23h. I got a cut sheet from a buddy of mine, just wondering if someone could look over it and make sure it’s good. Also can someone change it to a center port?
1BE42990-BBE3-4B9D-94EA-8D35A5BAB615.jpeg

You have to make the box oversized and tuned lower by a small amount to compensate for the lack of ability to figure in sub displacement or else volume and tuning will be off when you install the subs. The RE box calc isn't really for beginners because you have to check the final numbers in other programs and know what you are doing.

And no you can't make it do a center port.

I think on your planned power that 80in2 of port is a bit excessive, I'd try for 65in2 or so in that volume personally.
Out of curiosity, what vehicle is this going in?

You have to make the box oversized and tuned lower by a small amount to compensate for the lack of ability to figure in sub displacement or else volume and tuning will be off when you install the subs. The RE box calc isn't really for beginners because you have to check the final numbers in other programs and know what you are doing.

And no you can't make it do a center port.
What would you recommend then? I’ve tried playing around with other box calc but they don’t really work to good

I don’t know much ab aeroports. I want something thats gonna get deep and not just be super airy if that makes sense. That’s why I was leaning more towards vented port.

If you dont know much then listen to what the veterans on here are telling you.

Aeroports are more efficient and flow better and dont need as much port area. They are much easier to design and work with than a slot port

Last edited:
Yes and at the minimim there needs to be space no less than half the width of the port between the opening of the port and the surface it fires towards. You need enough room for it to breath and vent the air flow.
Okay thanks! Sorry for so many questions, but you think the box parameters on that cut sheet would work good? And what ab sub position? Wouldn’t the port run into the subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.