Sa-12 box

Toyota Tacoma. I’m removing the double seat and mounting it to the floor
I'm wondering how you had originally planned for the enclosure to sit? What's your available height and width Remember to leave 8" or so on one side for the port to vent.
Also... the depth available below the windowline realistically.
Once the seats (both?) are out are you building a pedestal for it to sit on?

Last edited:
I'm wondering how you had originally planned for the enclosure to sit? What's your available height and width Remember to leave 8" or so on one side for the port to vent.
Also... the depth available below the windowline realistically.
Once the seats (both?) are out are you building a pedestal for it to sit on?
33w 24h 25d. And yeah where the seat bracket bolts in I’ll gonna bolt a board to it and somehow get the box to the board. It’ll be trial and error really lol

33w 24h 25d. And yeah where the seat bracket bolts in I’ll gonna bolt a board to it and somehow get the box to the board. It’ll be trial and error really lol

Quick and dirty this is what I'd start with if drawing it up... subs up/side ported & double baffled... I'd brace it where it needs as well but this ought to get you close.

VWyTzq.jpg

Quick and dirty this is what I'd start with if drawing it up... subs up/side ported & double baffled... I'd brace it where it needs as well but this ought to get you close.

VWyTzq.jpg
Thanks! I’m a little confused though. So if the port is on the left side of the box going towards the subs, won’t it hit the subs?

Thanks! I’m a little confused though. So if the port is on the left side of the box going towards the subs, won’t it hit the subs?
24" box height... Subtract 2.25"= 21.75"
The inner flare is something like 11.5" so subtract that too. 21.75"- 11.5"= >10"
Does the Sa have a depth close to that?
And thats the closest the inner flare will get.
Check driver depth... You might be able to countersink them even.

I managed a 10" aero in a 18" tall box... Yours should be easy.

Last edited:
Gotta say I love the sketch😂, but thanks! I get it now idk why I was so confused by that. I guess I didn’t think ab it’s gonna be 2 foot high. Lol. Last question and I’ll leave y’all alone. Port to one side or just in the middle?

Samsung Note phones are great for quick sketches like that. The port needs to fire to the side. SA mounting depth is under 8inches so you should be fine. Window bracing is important to that design, make sure to include it.

Samsung Note phones are great for quick sketches like that. The port needs to fire to the side. SA mounting depth is under 8inches so you should be fine. Window bracing is important to that design, make sure to include it.
I was saying on the side panel of the box, where should the port be located? In the middle, to the left, to the right, or does it not matter?

24" box height... Subtract 2.25"= 21.75"
The inner flare is something like 11.5" so subtract that too. 21.75"- 11.5"= >10"
Does the Sa have a depth close to that?
And thats the closest the inner flare will get.
Check driver depth... You might be able to countersink them even.
View attachment 19296
I managed a 10" aero in a 18" tall box... Yours should be easy.
Yeah it will work. Sa’s only have ab a 7inch depth, but I wasn’t thinking for some reason😂

I was saying on the side panel of the box, where should the port be located? In the middle, to the left, to the right, or does it not matter?

Centered left to right and up/down positioned so the tube is about 1-1.5in below the bottom of the motors so the pole vents can breathe. You want to keep the mouth of the port away from any walls or obstructions whenever possible.

Centered left to right and up/down positioned so the tube is about 1-1.5in below the bottom of the motors so the pole vents can breathe. You want to keep the mouth of the port away from any walls or obstructions whenever possible.
Okay thanks man! It’ll be a few weeks before everything’s together but I’m gonna start on the box next week. Thanks to the others for the help too!

You have to make the box oversized and tuned lower by a small amount to compensate for the lack of ability to figure in sub displacement or else volume and tuning will be off when you install the subs. The RE box calc isn't really for beginners because you have to check the final numbers in other programs and know what you are doing.

And no you can't make it do a center port.
thats the torres calculator, it accounts for everything, its not the garbage RE box calculator you are thinking of.

thats the torres calculator, it accounts for everything, its not the garbage RE box calculator you are thinking of.

I hate using Torres I think the common wall part is really confusing, esp for beginners.

RE calc is acceptable if the design is oversized with a lower tune then you have to run the numbers after displacement in BBP, WinISD or the12v. But it takes a lot of extra guessing and checking to get it where you want it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.