S-10 blowthrough help sub selection

Ok say I would be interested in making a one of these boxes. Using 2 12's. What would be a benefit of a t line vs a regular ported box.

For both boxes am I able to tune below fs?

2 threatcon 12's

Don't do a t line. And quarter waves don't mean anything in a car cabin. But trust me you're in for a headache tying to learn how to design it. The spiral speaker tower in my avatar is a tapered quarter wave tube but it's meant for a 26' by 18' room.

I vote for small box and big port. A good way to keep the box small is to find a woofer with a smaller Vas. Vas is directly related to cone stiffness and usually the higher end woofers have smaller operating volume specifications. But when debating between woofers I always look at the Vas parameter first.

ok, ive done a l ported box in the past for my civic. I think the box was around 3 cu ft. add or take a half foot.

I did it in highschool in wood shop. I stuffed 2 re audio se 12's. se not se-x. into this box, which had a relatively large area port. I think it was tuned to like 32hz.

I used the re audio box calculator when this was done.

I forget what amp it was, it was the 2 channel re amp 1600.2 or something of other.

but the box did 138.5 db at mecca which I think is pretty inmpressive.

So is that what youre saying. could I make a box tuned pretty low with a volume of like 1.5 times the recommended volume for that one sub but put 2 subs in the box?

my main goal is to get louder, running skar vvxv2 10 right now. I want to hit lows good but in a relatively easy way, like l port box ... you get the idea

When I had my Nissan king kab, I did 4-15s in the bed..in a "v" sealed..running the old kicker comps with the gold kicker logo on the dust cap,with a hifonics boltar,and did a 145...and that was just 700 Watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.