RVC (regulated voltage control)

Participant count
  • Participant list

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
The RVC regulated voltage control. Anyone familiar with this in Avalanche/Tahoe/Burbans and how to bypass it?? I have a @MECHMAN HO alt, but I'm still having issues with voltage drops. I read somewhere about this due to a gas saving control on our trucks.

Why not pick up a dual alt bracket and leave stock alt to run truck electrical and use your ho alt to run stereo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like honda ELD, if you watch you charge voltage does it ever drop randomly while not beating on it? didnt think american trucks had it but idfk, eld basically turns off the alt while driving and kicks it back on once voltage gets low enough, only problem is that it senses your cars demand and not the overall for amperage so for example in my wifes car i make her run ac 100% of the time because the system senses the ac load and will kick full tilt aka alt stays on.

Also what are you even charging at?

[quote name='oxsign']The RVC regulated voltage control. Anyone familiar with this in Avalanche/Tahoe/Burbans and how to bypass it?? I have a @MECHMAN HO alt, but I'm still having issues with voltage drops. I read somewhere about this due to a gas saving control on our trucks.[/QUOTE]

I have a 2007 Silverado with the same thing. Nothing I know of to bypass it, and I've been trying for years. The unit sold by US alternators to bypass it does NOT work. Waste of time and money.

I just run quad alternators. Run some auxiliary alternators for your stereo. If you don't use the stock plug for at least one alternator, it throws a code and after a certain amount of starts it will limit your rpm to 1500 and say "reduced engine power" on the dash.

Also, you never PM'd me back :fyi:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.