Rust on bottom of car...

SRLMJ23
10+ year member

New York
I would like to fix the rest on the bottom of my car, it just looks hideous!!! Anyway, I've heard of this stuff that you can spray on the rust and it will turn it black and make it hard, however, I have never seen it at my local auto store. Can someone give the names of some you can buy at like Advanced AUto Parts, Auto Zone, NAPA, etc...I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

I would like to fix the rest on the bottom of my car, it just looks hideous!!! Anyway, I've heard of this stuff that you can spray on the rust and it will turn it black and make it hard, however, I have never seen it at my local auto store. Can someone give the names of some you can buy at like Advanced AUto Parts, Auto Zone, NAPA, etc...I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
I believe the best is called Mar-hyde or something 1 step. You spray it on and itll turn it to a black primer. You can also look into the eastwood catalog at some of their rust converters.

I cant remember but i dont think undercoating will help what is already rusted, itll just prevent more. He needs to convert what is there.

I actually used this stuff by Krylon called Rust Inhibitor...sanded the rust off, laid down a few coats of the semi-flat inhibitor then once that was dry I laid down a nice shiny coat of inhibitor and I have to say it looks really good, WAY better than I thought it would!!!

dont go to autozone, go to an automotive paint store. they will have what you need. they should have lots of rust inhibitors the best is por 15 . you can order it online.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SRLMJ23

10+ year member
SRLMJ23
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from