Running woofers at different independences

Well if you run something in series parallel, you are essentially doing the same thing as far as I know. And you wouldn't end up at .8 ohms, you'd end up back at 2. When you wire in series parallel, normally you make each DVC 2 ohm sub a 4 ohm sub by wiring the VCs in series, then wire in parallel to get back to 2 ohms, or down to 1 ohm by wiring the VCs in parallel, then back up to 2 by wiring the subs in series... Now if you are using 2 subs that have different impedances, say a Single 4 ohm sub and a single 2 ohm sub, that may be different. I don't know enough about it, but I would think that the subs would see different power, but if they are in the same circuit (all run off 1 channel) maybe they will see the same amount of power. I don't know if the individual impedance of each speaker determines its draw, or if both speakers' impedances determine the final draw on the amp, then have the power dispersed evenly... Hopefully that answers your question.

current is equal in each resistor in a series circuit.....

P=IV

V=IR

P=I^2R

So if you have different impedances for different coils that are inseries with eachother.....The coils will see different power.

Thanks, they do seem to get different power when wired like that. I looks like the Lanzar OPTI2000D would be a good choice, or the Kicker ZX 1500. I ordered my woofers(Kicker CVX) and somehow clicked 2ohm instead of 4ohm, discovered that when I got them it, oh well, its still the same woofer. Guess I sell my Memphis PR1000 to my cousin to add cash for the new amp

Thanks, they do seem to get different power when wired like that. I looks like the Lanzar OPTI2000D would be a good choice, or the Kicker ZX 1500. I ordered my woofers(Kicker CVX) and somehow clicked 2ohm instead of 4ohm, discovered that when I got them it, oh well, its still the same woofer. Guess I sell my Memphis PR1000 to my cousin to add cash for the new amp
Well when current splits the path of least resistance will receive the most current. Power is a function of (voltage)(current), so therefore the sub with the lower resistance will consume more power.

While it's true that the sub with the lower resistance takes more power when wired in parallel with another driver, when they're wired in series, the higher impedance sub takes more power.

While it's true that the sub with the lower resistance takes more power when wired in parallel with another driver, when they're wired in series, the higher impedance sub takes more power.

Exactly what I said about 5 posts earlier:cool:

I think some of the people around here need to take a simple circuits class. Heres some simple rules:

1) power= voltage * current

2) voltage=current*resistance

3) current in series is equal

4) voltage in paralell is equal

So.....A higher resistor in series will see more power

A lower resistor will see more power in paralell

So.....Dont mix and match different impedances as far as vc's go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.