Running two subs on one channel of a two channel amp? Help!

you should be good to go then. Do the same test when its warmer.
I tested it on a tune of 40 and I didn't notice any significant pitch change at Max gain.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

don't turn gain past about 1/2 way up..
If I don't put it past half it's barely even noticeable. But I can turn it down. I don't have it at Max gain I have it at around 3/4

Gain is input sensitivity. You set it based on the incoming voltage level. If you only have a few tenths of a volt coming in, then a high gain setting makes sense.
I have no clue how many volts I have coming in to the amp. I have a pioneer deh-x4900bt but idk the pre amp volts

I have no clue how many volts I have coming in to the amp. I have a pioneer deh-x4900bt but idk the pre amp volts
it has 2 volt pre outs so u can probably set gain like 1 o clock (or 60%).. when u get a good amp u can set it with a volt meter. watch this like 10 times and when u get new amp do it this way..

it has 2 volt pre outs so u can probably set gain like 1 o clock (or 60%).. when u get a good amp u can set it with a volt meter. watch this like 10 times and when u get new amp do it this way..
Okay thank you I'll adjust it to that now

I can barely hear them now

don't turn gain past about 1/2 way up..
it depends on the head unit pre-out dude.

Completely ignore gramps, his advice is the worst advice on the forum. Every other forum member can attest to this.

just stop... some head units have weaker pre-outs.

Completely ignore gramps, his advice is the worst advice on the forum. Every other forum member can attest to this.
Okay I just need to know where to set my amp at. Anyway below 65% I can barely hear other then really low lows.

just stop... some head units have weaker pre-outs.

so all u did was insult me when i even included a video of how to set gain from sonic but u didn't tell him how to set it did u?

so all u did was insult me when i even included a video of how to set gain from sonic but u didn't tell him how to set it did u?
i did earlier and it was fine for him. Then all you mofos went in and confused the fk out of him making him super undergained.

Okay I just need to know where to set my amp at. Anyway below 65% I can barely hear other then really low lows.
turn your sub level max on the head unit. Volume around 90%. Other than that you just need a head unit with higher pre-out voltage capabilities. 60-75% setting is normal with some weak pre-out head units and amps that have a non sensitive potentiometer aka gain knob.

...only one sub was playing, but it sounded way better than with two subs.
Why nobody responded to this I don't understand...

If one sub sounded good and two sounded worse you have a +/- wire mixed up between the sub an amp.

Straighten that out and things should improve drastically.

That's not a strong amp, but ought to give you 100x2 or so.

Why nobody responded to this I don't understand...
If one sub sounded good and two sounded worse you have a +/- wire mixed up between the sub an amp.

Straighten that out and things should improve drastically.

That's not a strong amp, but ought to give you 100x2 or so.
Someone did respond to it I fixed it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.