running PPI PC250 to stock fronts

thank you very much for all the help and suggestions man!!
technically you might not need need the crossovers for the mids but just in case things sound peaky in the 3khz to 4khz range as most PA setups do, the crossover will help tremendously. So i'd try with and without see what you like more.

technically you might not need need the crossovers for the mids but just in case things sound peaky in the 3khz to 4khz range as most PA setups do, the crossover will help tremendously. So i'd try with and without see what you like more.
thats a good point as the amp has an xover built in and im crossing over at 100 hz at the deck, so i could use either really instead of the passive one. The PC250 has a 4th order linkwitz-riley 24db per octave at 90 hz, so id be good with that too i would have to imagine.

thats a good point as the amp has an xover built in and im crossing over at 100 hz at the deck, so i could use either really instead of the passive one. The PC250 has a 4th order linkwitz-riley 24db per octave at 90 hz, so id be good with that too i would have to imagine.
no thats the high pass crossover, utterly useless. The one I suggested is a low pass crossover preventing the driver from playing tweeter frequencies.

there is a hp/lp button and an on/off button tho there is also a -12db button
you arent getting the crossover for any kind of high pass features, its utterly useless when your head unit and amp already has high pass. None of your head unit and amp has a mid-low pass option. When a mid tries to play tweeter frequencies, things sound nasty as FK

you arent getting the crossover for any kind of high pass features, its utterly useless when your head unit and amp already has high pass. None of your head unit and amp has a mid-low pass option. When a mid tries to play tweeter frequencies, things sound nasty as FK
ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks again man. i just looked thru my messages with keep hope alive and he said that the stock mounting depth is 2.4". So ill need a .25" sheet of whatever (ill probably go with .5" just for good measure if itll fit behind the stock grills) and get those PRVs mounted. Got some deadener yesterday in the mail (the fatmat i was asking about in another post) and ill use that on the door, or ill just order some noico for the doors as its gonna be a minute before i can get any of the speakers. Hopefully with these checks this week (i work 2 jobs). In either event, maybe it was a happy accident that i kersploded my fronts so i can have an excuse to get some good stuff in there. The tweeters you linked me are the same ones youre using? The PRV midranges in your sig look beefy AF

ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks again man. i just looked thru my messages with keep hope alive and he said that the stock mounting depth is 2.4". So ill need a .25" sheet of whatever (ill probably go with .5" just for good measure if itll fit behind the stock grills) and get those PRVs mounted. Got some deadener yesterday in the mail (the fatmat i was asking about in another post) and ill use that on the door, or ill just order some noico for the doors as its gonna be a minute before i can get any of the speakers. Hopefully with these checks this week (i work 2 jobs). In either event, maybe it was a happy accident that i kersploded my fronts so i can have an excuse to get some good stuff in there. The tweeters you linked me are the same ones youre using? The PRV midranges in your sig look beefy AF
Yes those are the exact tweeters i use. My prvs need a bit more power to get good SQ, without power they still get loud but the SQ in the midrange is lacking. With a lot of power they totally come alive. They do cost 100 per mid tho so its above budget for you.

Yes those are the exact tweeters i use. My prvs need a bit more power to get good SQ, without power they still get loud but the SQ in the midrange is lacking. With a lot of power they totally come alive. They do cost 100 per mid tho so its above budget for you.
Oh yes, I saw their price, and youre right lol I think the ones you recommended will work out just fine

do you think i shoudl put the tweets in the a pillar covers

the tweeter comes with a swivel mount kit i'd honestly use those 100%. Helps with imaging/staging by a lot.
right, but where should i put them? Ths accord has the sock dash locations right by the windshield, or i could cut some holes in the plastic a pillar covers and mount the swivel mounts there

right, but where should i put them? Ths accord has the sock dash locations right by the windshield, or i could cut some holes in the plastic a pillar covers and mount the swivel mounts there
you dont need to cut any holes, the mounts is a simple screw in. You can do it in the door panel or A pillar, sail panel etc... you need to play with every position possible to get the best result.

you dont need to cut any holes, the mounts is a simple screw in. You can do it in the door panel or A pillar, sail panel etc... you need to play with every position possible to get the best result.
got it

it says tweeter (singular) but then lists the xovers with the word (pair) after. Ill message the seller because even massive audios site has them listed for a major price difference when they were in production

https://www.massiveaudio.com/products/ct-2-silk-dome-tweeter

nvm, i said the h3ll with it and just bought them LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
got it
it says tweeter (singular) but then lists the xovers with the word (pair) after. Ill message the seller because even massive audios site has them listed for a major price difference when they were in production

https://www.massiveaudio.com/products/ct-2-silk-dome-tweeter
its 50 for a pair on amazon dude. comes with everything needed. They used to cost a lot more being german silk. The rest of these are factory clearance, they might be gone any day.

its 50 for a pair on amazon dude. comes with everything needed. They used to cost a lot more being german silk. The rest of these are factory clearance, they might be gone any day.
right on, i said to h3ll with it and just bought them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.