running PPI PC250 to stock fronts

youdoofus

Skibidi
ok, so now that i have the PPI PC275 hooked up to one sub for now, what are your guys's thoughts on running the PC250 to the stock fronts? I know that the additional power would make them sound cleaner and be able to go louder and all that, just wondering if its going to be worth my time to hook it up to the stock fronts. The only part i would need to buy is the extra set of RCAs. Maybe run a set of 4 channel RCAs in preparation for eventually going active if i end up keeping this car

I think its a waste of time to place power on just about any stock speaker to be honest..You may end up blowing the stocks in a week or even within a month if they are cheap azzed paper coned speakers.You will be pulling the door panels again and then end up replacing the speakers.i have two of those 250s and one 275, and are very under rated amps,and shell out some power, and pretty clean as well. Great amps.I still have them.With the Black Friday Sales going on, Im sure you could find a decent set of components to buy and put those in.Alot of sales going on. If you can swing the bill, I ran a set of Image Dynamics 6.5 components up front in my Red 93 Integra,and a set of Polk DB 6.5 components up front in my Blk 92 Integra. Both did very well.But I think you would be wasting your time placing power on Stock speakers

Image Dynamics CSX 64 V2 series.. ones i have and sound very nice..At Sonic Electronics..there is a cheaper set that I put in my Nieces car that sounds really nice on my old Autotek BTS 7100 its the Image Dynamics ID65cs series

I think its a waste of time to place power on just about any stock speaker to be honest..You may end up blowing the stocks in a week or even within a month if they are cheap azzed paper coned speakers.You will be pulling the door panels again and then end up replacing the speakers.i have two of those 250s and one 275, and are very under rated amps,and shell out some power, and pretty clean as well. Great amps.I still have them.With the Black Friday Sales going on, Im sure you could find a decent set of components to buy and put those in.Alot of sales going on. If you can swing the bill, I ran a set of Image Dynamics 6.5 components up front in my Red 93 Integra,and a set of Polk DB 6.5 components up front in my Blk 92 Integra. Both did very well.But I think you would be wasting your time placing power on Stock speakers
those stock spkrs can't handle much power vs. some nice aftermarket ones.
actually man, with a high pass filter on, my stock toyota sienna speakers handled every bit of my ppi 900.4 easily. Yes this tiny little piece of sh*t actually handled 145 watts of power easily on just an 80hz high pass I tried to blow em but nope nothing. Sound quality was a vast improvement over head unit power btw. Definitely not a waste.

prius_front_door-jpg.66416

ok, so now that i have the PPI PC275 hooked up to one sub for now, what are your guys's thoughts on running the PC250 to the stock fronts? I know that the additional power would make them sound cleaner and be able to go louder and all that, just wondering if its going to be worth my time to hook it up to the stock fronts. The only part i would need to buy is the extra set of RCAs. Maybe run a set of 4 channel RCAs in preparation for eventually going active if i end up keeping this car
worth it.

Well Jeff, I'm sure he doesn't have the same vehicle as you and your sticking up for stock speakers whereas in the past,you've always said avoid them.

actually man, with a high pass filter on, my stock toyota sienna speakers handled every bit of my ppi 900.4 easily. Yes this tiny little piece of sh*t actually handled 145 watts of power easily on just an 80hz high pass I tried to blow em but nope nothing. Sound quality was a vast improvement over head unit power btw. Definitely not a waste.
prius_front_door-jpg.66416

worth it.
It looks like an 02 Honda..And Ive had several Hondas..They have POS paper coned speakers that are rated maybe at 30 watts at best some are like 50 @2 ohms. just peer trash.Hell try it out.. Ill bet he will be pulling those door panels in a months time.Honda use POS stock speakers that Ive experienced up to 06

You drinking Jeff??LOL
no more booze please. Last friday my memory blacked out for 6 hours at my own party and didnt remember anything but apparently i was doing wild **** but was also controlled enough to help clean and take care of people. All that fun stuff and i have zero memory of it.... fk that.

It looks like an 02 Honda..And Ive had several Hondas..They have POS paper coned speakers that are rated maybe at 30 watts at best some are like 50 @2 ohms. just peer trash.Hell try it out.. Ill bet he will be pulling those door panels in a months time.Honda use POS stock speakers that Ive experienced up to 06
my 03 corolla had pos stock paper cone speakers that actually performed way better than a pair of cheap components and hanndled a ppi 520.4 ion.

Well Jeff, I'm sure he doesn't have the same vehicle as you and your sticking up for stock speakers whereas in the past,you've always said avoid them.
I actually said avoid stock head units, some stock speakers are actually decent nowadays with most newer cars. PLUS if he does blow em, there's his excuse to buy new ones.

I mean honestly.. who the hell wants to listen to that much of a high pitch up front alone anyways??I enjoy 45 on up myself
actually they play the low soo much that even with a 12 db slope, you are still playing 45hz loud and clear with your doors since paper cones are more of full range and their sub bass region and lower midbass is a hell of a lot stronger than most cheap/budget aftermarket speakers.

Amplified aftermarket speakers sound much better anyway. team with a new HU and once tuned, should sound great.
actually if you listen to some of the newer cars, the stock speakers are way above any sub 150 dollar component set you can think of. hence why car audio is dying off. Most people dont feel the need to upgrade because the overall stock speaker standards are much higher. Some lexus and tesla etc...stock setups are actually quite b*tchin in terms of SQ with decent loudness. I literally tell most of my friends that unless they plan on dropping 800-1k into a full system, they wont do better than their stock setup. thats with my knowledge of active networks and tuning and install etc applied and thats how much stock setups have improved over the years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.