Running on speaker leads?

Participant count
  • Participant list

smakrabit

I'm helping a friend with an install, and I've ran into a situation that I've never incountered before. He wants to keep his factory head unit which has no rca outs. Can I run from the back 6x9 speaker wires into a converter box into to the amplifier or will I have to disconnect the back speakers to use them for the amplifier signal? Also, how can I find his "rem" wire to come from the head unit to his amplifier?

Smakrabit

well you could do the thing w/ the 6x9's and the remote wire is usually the power antenna wire.....so use that if you can find it or use a wire that comes on when the acc comes on.....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.