running amp from cigarette lighter

"Remember to get white stitched ones with 11mm of Xmax....They are the best" and use a cell phone charger as power wire for xtra bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
i told u they were not even my subs. i was borrowing them. trust me, those Q power subs were not good at all. i would never recommend them. and it was not cell phone charger wire. it was ten gauge to the batts, 8 gauge to the amp.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

You have two 8 amp Batts running of your cigarette lighter. Cigarette lighters are fused at what 10 amps? Sounds like you may be pushing a ear rapin' 100 Watts of powa!
And in your words.... "it slams!" Erma gerd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
it slams for what it is. and i have completly different batts now. actually batts.

im pretty sure the wait is worth it man... come on don't risk this car burning up on you man like seriously...
well hopefully i can work something out and run actuall power wire. if not, i will pull my equiptment out and save it. but can i atleast get people on here to agree that running power wire is not "modifying" the car so i have proof.

If it is done properly it is not modifying the car. That's what wire loom is for. It should be all ran under the carpet/zip tied etc. realistically you shouldn't even know there is power wire ran at all.

Running power wire isn't modifying your car at all.. You're hooking a metal circle to a battery post, running the wire through the car to the amp and enjoying decent bass. Not risking your car burning down is a great arguing point you can use.

ok. this thread has went no where fast. let me clear some things up. the subs in the vid were crap and were not mine, i am well aware the install is crap. i know all of this.

please help me on one thing.

please agree that running power wire is not modifying the car so i have proof it isn't. it is the same thing as running it from the cigarette lighter. technically, it is just "plugging something in". please agree on that

well hopefully i can work something out and run actuall power wire. if not, i will pull my equiptment out and save it. but can i atleast get people on here to agree that running power wire is not "modifying" the car so i have proof.
Well what is your definition of "modifying the car"? You gave that stipulation, so you should be the one defining it. I would not consider it to be modifying the car.

I am glad that you genuinely are looking for help. My advice is to unplug those wires from your cigarette lighter right now. Don't plug it back in. You need to get a proper run of wire from your front battery to your rear. 4ga wire, with proper fusing. You also need to ground your rear amp. And you are also going to need a remote wire. There's a couple places you could take it from behind the dash.

If it is done properly it is not modifying the car. That's what wire loom is for. It should be all ran under the carpet/zip tied etc. realistically you shouldn't even know there is power wire ran at all.
EXACTLY! thank you. everything hidden under the trim. everything CLEAN

ok. this thread has went no where fast. let me clear some things up. the subs in the vid were crap and were not mine, i am well aware the install is crap. i know all of this.
please help me on one thing.

please agree that running power wire is not modifying the car so i have proof it isn't. it is the same thing as running it from the cigarette lighter. technically, it is just "plugging something in". please agree on that
OP refer to the post directly above this one.

If you have to beg your mom to allow you to run a wire then its best you just wait Sonny. Don't worry man in 7 years when you graduate you'll be ready for a nice setup and will actually have the brainpower to not do **** like this. Its for the best.

Well what is your definition of "modifying the car"? You gave that stipulation, so you should be the one defining it. I would not consider it to be modifying the car.
I am glad that you genuinely are looking for help. My advice is to unplug those wires from your cigarette lighter right now. Don't plug it back in. You need to get a proper run of wire from your front battery to your rear. 4ga wire, with proper fusing. You also need to ground your rear amp. And you are also going to need a remote wire. There's a couple places you could take it from behind the dash.
i am well aware of what to do and thanks for not being a jerk about it. i did a system in my friend's avenger and it has been great for him. my definition of modifying would be swapping something out, replacing something, or changing what is stock.

If you have to beg your mom to allow you to run a wire then its best you just wait Sonny. Don't sorry man in 7 years when you graduate you'll be ready for a nice setup and will actually have the brainpower to not do **** like this. Its for the best.
im so sick of your crap. i know what i am doing. but i am still learning. i'll admit that. also, i don't have to beg anyone. i have to prove running wire is not modifying the car. proving something is different than begging. also, how do they let people like you stay on the forum. seriously

i am well aware of what to do and thanks for not being a jerk about it. i did a system in my friend's avenger and it has been great for him. my definition of modifying would be swapping something out, replacing something, or changing what is stock.
I'm betting that car didn't come stock with an amplifier running off your cigarette lighter. So by definition you have modified it... terribly.

im so sick of your crap. i know what i am doing. but i am still learning. i'll admit that. also, i don't have to beg anyone. i have to prove running wire is not modifying the car. proving something is different than begging. also, how do they let people like you stay on the forum. seriously
Hey man better-action is a dicck and the whole forum knows it..

Don't take it personal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.