Running 3 amps, Remote Wire..

relays are easy to install and a great insurance. You are better off using them for multiple reasons...many given here...for one, you are NOT creating any undue load on a h/u AND you are giving yourself unlimited possibilities. with what you can hook up to it. course.... I like buttons and switches...lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

relays are easy to install and a great insurance. You are better off using them for multiple reasons...many given here...for one, you are NOT creating any undue load on a h/u AND you are giving yourself unlimited possibilities. with what you can hook up to it. course.... I like buttons and switches...lol
I need linky! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

just to play devil's advocate...

why not just fuse the HU remote ($1?) and run as many remotes as you want (within reason).

From bcae1 it seems 40mA is about the max turn on current for an amp, and from what I've read, HU turn on's are usually good for a few hundred mA. So even if a given installation happens to use amps requiring 40mA to turn on - it's reasonable to expect 4 or 5 of them wouldn't overload the HU turn on circuit.

If the amps happen to require, say 20 mA - it's quite possible 10 of them wouldn't be a problem for a typical HU.
I have been reading the BCAE1.com site for about 10 years. Unless his frame of thinking has changed as he's added so much over the years it's amazing and anyone with an interest in any type of electronics is truly missing out on a boatload of excellent reference material. BUT I'm sure I've read on his site he recommends a relay for the exact reason of blowing HU remote. He will even answer ?'s if u email him. I warn you. He's a stickler for grammar and proper quotations and if you write "yo dude can you help with a question!! "  don't expect an answer he's very clear on his site and pays for it himself so drop a donation if you find his use of free time of use to you. Don't be a fool use a relay it's cheap insurance. 

I have been reading the BCAE1.com site for about 10 years. Unless his frame of thinking has changed as he's added so much over the years it's amazing and anyone with an interest in any type of electronics is truly missing out on a boatload of excellent reference material. BUT I'm sure I've read on his site he recommends a relay for the exact reason of blowing HU remote. He will even answer ?'s if u email him. I warn you. He's a stickler for grammar and proper quotations and if you write "yo dude can you help with a question!! "  don't expect an answer he's very clear on his site and pays for it himself so drop a donation if you find his use of free time of use to you. Don't be a fool use a relay it's cheap insurance. 
Dang, '06?

I've written Mr Babin a few times over the years.  He's always been informative and helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.