run 6x9s and sub on ppi900.4?

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
I'm pretty sure i would be able to but i want to double check. Would i be able to run 4 coaxials or 2 and a sub off the ppi 900.4?

its for my girls car just to put a little better music to it the sub is a rockford punch hx2 12 d4

sure.

A d4's not ideal. you'll have to wire it for 8 ohms getting 200w rms vs 300 if you had an SVC4 or D2.

But yeah - a pair (or two pairs) of 4 ohms speakers on 2 ch and the other two bridged to run a sub -- no problem at all.

Actually an efficient way to make use of a 4 ch amp.

sure.
A d4's not ideal. you'll have to wire it for 8 ohms getting 200w rms vs 300 if you had an SVC4 or D2.

But yeah - a pair (or two pairs) of 4 ohms speakers on 2 ch and the other two bridged to run a sub -- no problem at all.

Actually an efficient way to make use of a 4 ch amp.
Why cant i wire it to 2ohms? Is it because having 2 channels bridged raises the impedance?

Why cant i wire it to 2ohms? Is it because having 2 channels bridged raises the impedance?
the amplifier is not stable with two channels bridged at 2ohm, however you may get away with it, but not recommended. each channel is seeing 1 ohm

the amplifier is not stable with two channels bridged at 2ohm, however you may get away with it, but not recommended. each channel is seeing 1 ohm
Ahhh ok so im better off getting 2 amps then huh? Becausw right now i have a jl250/1 powering it but i want to give it atleast 400 the sub is barely noticable. Are there any cheap good amps? I dont really want to spend anything on it i want just basic "oh you have a sub and aftermarket soeakers" system.

The lower the ohm load the warmer the amp gets.

Some thoughts.. a Coax speaker may not be a 4ohm speaker. Should check it with a multimeter. If it is like 8 or 6.. You could run them series you could get like a 4 or 3 omh load.

You should try to avoid using an amp channel to support both full range speakers and a sub woofer as a passive crossover (Capacitors) sap power for no audio reward and a stronger chance that the full range speakers will be over driven (blown) due to the desire for louder bass. On a 4 channel amp. I would put the full range coax on two channels. and bridge the remaining 2 channels for the sub woofer. Would be a 1 amp execution.. For me I would do the 4 channel with the 4 coax to give you front to rear fade and get you a separate amp for your sub woof just to keep it nice and clean and cool.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/606332-boston-acoustics-gt-42-4-channel-1-ohm-stable.html

I have a boston acoustics gt-42 amp built in italy in mint condition im looking to sell which will handle 2 ohms bridged perfect and is 1 ohm stable per channel. would work perfectly with a dual 4 ohm sub on channels 3 and 4.

WoofersEtc.com - GT-42 - Boston Acoustics 4 Ch. 700 Watt Amplifier

i will ship you mine for 150 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.