RSX type S vs. SVT Lightning

The Lightning definitely shouldn't have a problem taking an RSX-S in the 1/4. They're high 14 second cars stock with a good driver. The regular RSXs, I believe are around mid-high 15 second cars. They don't have much torque, maybe 140 ft-lbs, which means they aren't much from a stop, but they've got a lot of top-end power (90mph +). I think they're pretty decent cars, but I'd be weary of buying a used one because it's a car that people like to run the balls off of, it's basically a kid's car.

It is an Acura though, which means the aftermarket support is endless. I believe there are some RSX-S's with a reflash (hondata), exhaust/header, and an intake that are breaking into the 13s.

My lightning stock ran a 13.6, and I've seen the rsx's run 14.0'sIf the lightning is modded @ all, its over. The rsx driver may have ******, though.

My lightning was running 11.5's w/ a kenne belle, and some other bolt ons, btw
mmmm kenne belle

Lightning_1.jpg

thats weak.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif but on the topic of the RSX and the lightning, never ridden in a Lightning, but the RSX is pretty quick I guess. Id line my bird up against either one no question.

Eugenics is correct when it comes to the interior of Fords somewhat. If he is compairing it to a Audi, BMW, Honda, Acura and ect.., the Fords is not up to par. My 99 F250 actually has great inerior, no gaps, good panel fitment but it is not the best made stuff. It lets all kinds of road noise come through and over time gets noisy (squeaks and rattles...). The comment about the denseness/ tuffness of the panels is true, you could use that plastic material to cover the space shuttle. I have pried and bent the panels to remove them but they have never broken.

Well i just got done driving my brothers 06 RSX type s and **** I think it could give my lightning a run for its money. Does anyone know what a 06 rsx type s runs in the 1/4 mile. The six speed feels so much different under acceleration than the automatic 4 speed in my truck.
The K20 is a great motor but it can't compete with the torque of those V8's.

That is where Honda's ****; torque. Sure my K20Z3 has good horsepower but if I had say 200 ft-lbs I'd really be moving. The RSX-S vs my car is a driver's race since it's the same tranny and motor, with the exceptions that I have a different balancer shaft and DBW.

But in order to maintain good MPG, we lose torque //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif I average 28-29mpg city driving while Honda says 23mpg city //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Please enlighten us all knowing one.
No worries, I agree with most of the stuff you said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Some of the other guys in this thread made me laugh, though.

But, just for the record and in defense of GM interiors, the new Corvette Z06 seats were more comfortable to me than the F430 and the Gallardo. I want something that comfortable in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.