roughly $600 to spend on component sets what to get?

All he needs to do is run components that come with drivers, tweeters and crossovers. That can be done with any head unit or amp. I don’t understand what you are getting at. The guy needs crossovers.

how did we come to six drivers, unless you’re talking tweets on front, mids on middle channel and subs on rear.

the filtering is done via a combo of an Amp and the hu. For example, If the head unit has a built in high pass filter for the middle channel you could use its high pass at 80hz, and the amps low pass at . That would give you a bandpass of 70hz to 200hz.
All he needs to do is run components that come with drivers, tweeters and crossovers. That can be done with any head unit or amp. I don’t understand what you are getting at. The guy needs crossovers.
Ur right, I overestimated his hu capabilities. Dsp or passive. I feel shame:)

how did we come to six drivers, unless you’re talking tweets on front, mids on middle channel and subs on rear.

the filtering is done via a combo of an Amp and the hu. For example, If the head unit has a built in high pass filter for the middle channel you could use its high pass at 80hz, and the amps low pass at . That would give you a bandpass of 70hz to 200hz.

Ur right, I overestimated his hu capabilities. Dsp or passive. I feel shame:)
A tweeter is considered a driver. Or I could be mistaken. It doesn’t matter. You get what I was trying to say. That’s all that matters.

This guy used skar evl6.5 for his rear sails. I was thinking a true subwoofer in the sails with those fast rings and sound deadner. Not sure what brand though. There's b2 audio, jls, sundown, skar

Or put that money on 6.5 subs into your actual sub stage. 6.5 subs on rear deck are going to need enclosures and and going to play 80 and below not Punchy midbass
On Camaro and trans am the stock monsoon had 6.5 subwoofers in the sail panel like in the video above. That sail panel will act like a big metal box

Keep talking about Skar and you'll be called a Heretic and thrown from the tallest building. LOL

Out of the options you listed I'd probably go for Sundown if you can get it to fit. Can't remember the mounting depth ATM for the sails.

The imaging planning doesn’t make sense. That “midbass” will not only be high position but it is also behind you and close to the subwoofer. Did you actually watch that video?..that was pretty darn far from midbass. Google some of these videos with pwx’s in properly sealed doors. You’d be better of buying a true midbass driver and building front pods. Those 6.5s are meant to be used as subs and that’s what your dedicated substage is for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

caliboyta

10+ year member
caliboyta
newark, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from