Rookie looking to learn please read

orlando2011

Thank you all for taking your time to help me. I have a few questions about equipment and setup. I am installing this equipment in a 97 grand marquis. most of the equipment I have is either old or given to me so please keep that in mind.

I will be installing a jensen vm9512

I also have (4) 6.5 Earthquakes I was considering for the rear.

I have a old polk Db i believe it 400w rms its in a sealed fiberglass box

amps:

mtx 102

hifonics zx-4000

clarions apa 450

pioneer gm7200

and a small jensen 18wx2 rms was considering using for tweeters in a component

have access to a clarion dpx 2250 if needed as well

I have been reading a lot and confused best way to set up the amps and speaker?

I'm not sure which amp to what speakers is best. I have a few ideas but........

Also I'm having a really hard time deciding on speakers for the front doors?

i was considering 5.25 such as: infinity reference 6032cf , polk db 5.25, mq quart dsh 213 or maybe even soundstream sst5.25

I been doing a lot of research and rattling my brain unfortunately I am on a budget and don't have someone where close by to listen to variety of different speakers.

I promise not looking for the easy route by asking for help. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thank in advance

I wouldn't use the Jensen amp.

you can start with any of those other amps.

1) I would start with the headunit

2) decide which speaker you want to use

Pioneer 5-1/4" Component Systems - Pioneer 5-1/4" Component Systems

http://www.techronics.com/category_191_m19_Pioneer-6-1-2-inch-Component-Systems.html

With most Passive setups you want to use passive x-over & the headunits High-pass x-over around 80 or 100hz.

3) Deadener & placement.

you need to learn how to install your speakers.

4) Search & read much as you can before you spend your money.

Which amp would you recommend for the sub?

Should I skip the 5.25 components upfront or go 6.5

Is the mtx 25w x 2 amp good enough for components or head unit better or should I use two amps on component

Is the Pioneer a Mono Amp?

If is then i would run the poneer to your sub.

I think the Clarion amps would be better to run your front speakers.

1)Clarion apa 450 is a 50x4@ 4ohms channel amp. you can bridge the amp to double the power.

so if you where to bridge channel 1-2 then 3-4 you should get double the amp RMS.

2)clarion dpx 2250 is 125x2@ 4ohms.

Yes i would up grade to 6.5's

you can use 25watts, but if you want the speakers to come alive then i use more power.

Whats

dont forget deadener

Is the Pioneer a Mono Amp?If is then i would run the poneer to your sub.

I think the Clarion amps would be better to run your front speakers.

1)Clarion apa 450 is a 50x4@ 4ohms channel amp. you can bridge the amp to double the power.

so if you where to bridge channel 1-2 then 3-4 you should get double the amp RMS.

2)clarion dpx 2250 is 125x2@ 4ohms.

Yes i would up grade to 6.5's

you can use 25watts, but if you want the speakers to come alive then i use more power.

Whats

dont forget deadener
deadener is the last thing he needs to worry about, first is installing the right things correctly, id get rid of the mtx amp, your headunit will most likely put out 17 to 20 rms to each speaker, the amp will most likely make it sound cleaner but if you are going to amp them do it right.

I have a pair of the polk dbs 6 x 7 and i got to listen to the dbs beside a set of memphis audios and then went and bought 6.5 in MAs. They are greatt!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif but ive read great stuff about the inifinty reference component set for 6.5s if i had to choose it would be the infinity's but the MA's are cheaper, and the polk DB's are okay but id much rather have another set of the other rwo instead

I have been doing more research and I think I'm down to 2 choices speakers for the front. maybe you guess can help me decide lol. I decided to stay with 5.25 since i don't want to modify anything in the door. plus i have plenty of mid-bass in the rear and a sub in the trunk. I have narrowed my decision down to the infinity reference 6032 5.25" or the cadence 5.25 components.

Now the infinity's I could run off a mtx 102 amp which is 25wx2 @4 ohms or

the cadence i could with an mtx 282 amp which is 70w rms x2 @ 4 ohms

then i think i am gonna but either 2 or 4 6.5 earthquakes in the rear window

and the Polk db in the trunk sealed fiberglass box. A lot of people are telling to use a my mono pioneer amp to push the sub i am concerned 250w rms is not enough for a 400w rms sub.

that's why I'm considering a 2 channel hifonics zues bridged to output 400wx1 @ 4 ohms.

thanks you guys for all your help you've been awesome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.