Roof Bracing? HELP

Heavy Hitta
10+ year member

the roof on my ford explorer has 3 rips/tears, about 4-5in long from flex. i already installed 50 sq ft of dynamat extreeme on the roof alone and the dynamat ripped too and now leaks...so i had glue the tears with "PL Premium Construction Adhesive"(awsome to build a box with). what do you think about lining the roof(above the headliner) with 2x4's ontop of the dynamat...risky job? good benifits? anybody have experience....please

use some expanda-foam from lowes. like 6 bucks a can and fill in the gaps on your factory braces. made a hell of a difference in my mountaineer. i have a crack in my roof as well. good luck. and i put 4 layers of dynamat extreme over the roof. give the foam 2 days to dry.

2x4's would be a cheaper route. my buddy did the same to his exploder too. crappy ass vehicles no offense. also broke his back hatch. ripped the metal its pretty crappy. and with only 3 15" mojo's for a short period of time

yea im trying to sell mine. everything has fallen apart. rear view mirror broke the shaft in half, multiple cracks on windshield, lightswitch is fu*ked up, back hatch is fu*ked, rear windshield wiper doesnt work, and crack in my fuggin roof! i like ford but this is a shitty vehicle to put bass in besides the fact that they get loud, they just dont hold the bass, gaskets leak etc.

So you ripped the fabric?

It takes alottttttt of sound to break welds and roof brace

I think Jeremiah was doin a 160 before he broke his roof brace

kyle you cracked your roof yet? i discovered mine was cracked 2 weeks ago when we had a bad storm and my cup holders were full of f*ing water. tomorrow ill post pics of all the damage my system put on my car

I would do strips of MDF liquid nailed to the roof where needed and foam between the cracks that works well and doesnt stick out as much as the 2x4's would as would make the roof very solid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.