Rockwood and Rockford Fosgate??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Russcat
10+ year member

Al
Ok here's the deal I just got 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 12s.The only amp I have is a 4 channel 200w Rockwood Detonator.I am trying to save up to buy a Punch 150.The RFZs are only 200watts so should I even bother hooking up this sucky amp to these decent speakers or just wait until I can afford a better amp?Would these speakers even sound decent or hit at all with this sorry amp?Also the amp doesn't say it's bridgeable so will it hurt it if I try to bridge it so it will push 100w instead of 50?Thanks.

Well if you want to keep the amp dont do it but if you dont then I say hook it up hell wire it in parllell and watch it fry!!!!!!!LOL.

So do you think it would sound ok if i hooked it up to these subs without bridging the amp?I dont plan on using this amp for a long time.I just want something with a little knock before I can get the Punch 150 I want.It shouldnt be more than about 3 weeks before I can get it.Would this little Rockwood work until then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.