Rockville subwoofer????

well he was going for looks for his gf. His port and sub loading is not optimal at all.
exactly!! he wasn't trying to compete and the box was made for another sub too.. also sub was brand new not even a week of break in before testing and for all we know it coulda gained 3db by firing rear or 2db after break in.... however i'll agree we've all seen much less power get as louder or louder.. we many soon see if 1 is as loud as my fu on 1100 rms total not clamped i gotta find some bolts to stick in box to wire direct leads to, just like he did (but i want the bolts so i can just drill 2 holes)

Comparable in terms of power handling not price. Actually the 3500s are closer in power handling but I bet the redline 500s burp louder than those shit Rockvilles
not in that port and sub orientation. EXO Literally could gain 5+ dbs if he just played with the orientation because he has it in one of the worst kinds of orientations but thats just how his GF prefers it looking.

not in that port and sub orientation. EXO Literally could gain 5+ dbs if he just played with the orientation because he has it in one of the worst kinds of orientations but thats just how his GF prefers it looking.
Idk if it would gain 5db necessarily but I kmow there's a bit more left in it. That box did a 150 with the hotel sub before the shop blew it up. Fwiw that box is around 1.8-2cf tuned in the low 40s. He said his gf listens to pop so he didn't need to tune it low.

Idk if it would gain 5db necessarily but I kmow there's a bit more left in it. That box did a 150 with the hotel sub before the shop blew it up. Fwiw that box is around 1.8-2cf tuned in the low 40s. He said his gf listens to pop so he didn't need to tune it low.
you got it completely wrong buddy. He metered 0.5 db higher with the rockville over the droppin hz hotel sub.

uJ4R2A.jpg

I swear he used the hotel sub for the 150. What did he use for that?
you are probably thinking of an older video with little blue. From the time he built that box for his GF to when the repair shop blew it, there are no other videos about that system, he never pulled anything higher than a 140.1 with the hotel sub which is literally 3x the price of the rockville. So there's that. His GF's car never broke a 150.

I used to sh*t on rockville too until I see their sh*t perform well on the amp dynos along with lots of loud builds with their subs. They are definitely a small step above hifonics and audiopoop amp wise. Probably right around soundqubed and american bass sub quality wise which are all cheapo off the shelf chinese as well.

I'd rather have the DD over chinese flea market crap.
I agree BUT for those of us that own multiple cars between myself and spouse you’re not gonna have the best of the best in alllll of them. I see nothing wrong with these subs for a budget build. I wouldn’t put my bc3500 on a pair but I probably would put a sq 2250 and be happy ��

you are probably thinking of an older video with little blue. From the time he built that box for his GF to when the repair shop blew it, there are no other videos about that system, he never pulled anything higher than a 140.1 with the hotel sub which is literally 3x the price of the rockville. So there's that. His GF's car never broke a 150.
It was a while back, I dont remember what car or setup it was but I remember him jumping around when he got the 150 score and it was on minimal equipment.

I will hate on the Rockville crap all day long because it's rebranded alibaba junk. Say what you want but its part of the race to zero and if you (car audio community) want to be part of it then all I have to say is have fun contributing to the decline of this hobby.

It was a while back, I dont remember what car or setup it was but I remember him jumping around when he got the 150 score and it was on minimal equipment.
I will hate on the Rockville crap all day long because it's rebranded alibaba junk. Say what you want but its part of the race to zero and if you (car audio community) want to be part of it then all I have to say is have fun contributing to the decline of this hobby.
they are better than other sh*t that massively overbloat their ratings. They are at least honest about their numbers which is rare for sh*t that cheap.

they are better than other sh*t that massively overbloat their ratings. They are at least honest about their numbers which is rare for sh*t that cheap.
theyve definitely upped their game, thats for sure. came out of nowhere too it seems. But then again, so did several other brands that are reputable these days

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.