Is There a Limit to Length of Slot Port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert J

canada
I was wondering if a slot port has limitations other than the physical dimensions of the box?

In this case, the port needs to run to the back and across the width to the other side, leaving a couple inches before contacting the side panel of course.

1.54cu_bracing_33-92_Hz.jpg

It does but what you have is well within the limits

Multiple bends can also hurt output but it will still work it just could be better with a different port

Your port looks good

I assume this is for a 12?

You could always shrink port area slightly and it will get shorter. Or even use a round or aero port and that will help as well

I have read that AeroPorts can be a smaller area ratio/ft, even down to 5 or 6sqin.

Can you also extend the port outside the box a few inches to gain length?

Yes, it is for a 12" driver.

I have read that AeroPorts can be a smaller area ratio/ft, even down to 5 or 6sqin. Can you also extend the port outside the box a few inches to gain length?

Yes, it is for a 12" driver.
we even had a guy extend his slot port outside of box..

there's a certain point where your airspace will get so diminished to where you actually start raising tuning instead of lowering, thats an extreme case but its always better to raise airspace over adding necessary port length and bends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.