rockville K NINE sub

would i notice a difference between the pine and birch with a single AD XD 12" in a medium sized slot ported box, or not really?
We built 160db cars with with the stuff from homedepot that’s $32 a 4x8 sheet. Sure it might have a few little voids but nothing serious.  Ant bear it for the price and for a single 12” box it will do just fine. 

im betting probably not

We built 160db cars with with the stuff from homedepot that’s $32 a 4x8 sheet. Sure it might have a few little voids but nothing serious.  Ant bear it for the price and for a single 12” box it will do just fine. 
switch back to your old member name dude, youre confusing LOL!!! and thank you for chiming in!! but srsly, switch back 😛

Cutting mdf leads to lung cancer. Birch is easier and tricky to cut, less sawdust but have a more toothed blade when cutting it to avoid chipping. I just cut some the other day and was so quiet that it was like I wasn't cutting any wood at all. 60 tooth blade works wonders.

The void comment is useless, you wont notice it at all. Its literally just as strong as birch for 1/4 the pricing.  Dont get the 7 layer one, look for any lowes or home depot that carries the 11 layered pine..

11 layered sanded pine is just as good in my opinion. 30 bucks for a 4 x 8 sheet. Same price as MDF, same strength as birch, only a couple lbs heavier.  Makes zero sense paying 120+ bucks in material for a box for a single 12.
that was my thought too. i was figuring that there had to be a cheaper option. Thank you

was so quiet that it was like I wasn't cutting any wood at all. 60 tooth blade works wonders.
Definitely! Helps with splintering too.Like a lot of things I had to learn the hard way.

For anyone who might be reading this thinking about trying birch for the first time. Here's the difference between using a 24 tooth blade and an 80 tooth blade. Any guesses witch one's the 80 tooth cut lol

20190117_064845.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.