Rockford T2 Frequency Range?

I have a Rockford T2 in a 3.7 cu ft ported box that I believe is tuned around 35-37Hz. It hits some major lows which I love, but the top end of the bass response has a very steep cut-off. So anything with a bass line that goes above a certain frequency gets really quiet really fast. The effect is that you don't even hear the top end of most bass lines.

I don't know exactly what frequency this cutoff starts, but I do know it isn't because of my crossovers. I have a Rockford 1000.1bd on the sub and since my head unit has a built in variable crossover I just have it turned all the way up on the amp. Changing the crossover anywhere from 50 to 125 hz doesn't seem to change it much at all.

My friend has a 15" Fi BL in a similar ported box, and it hits some head buzzing mids that make me so jealous! The SQ really suffers when parts of the bass are loud and deep while others are nonexistent. How can he have a bigger sub in a box that's only 5-7hz higher tuned than mine, yet his bass is 1000x more even across the frequency range?

How can I fix this? Would a different box be the answer? Or is a crossover somewhere faulty? I can't imagine a sub as expensive as a T2 can only be loud in a narrow, low band! I've had Rockford P1's and Kicker CVR's that had a lot better midbass. For example if anyone knows I'm Sprung by T-Pain, there are 3 notes in the bassline. The lowest one is loud as hell, while the highest one is almost inaudible. And they're not that far apart in frequency.

from my experience i think its the amp itself cutting those freqs off. (personally i love this about them i hate the high buzzing notes)

could be wrong, and could be a number of other things.

I have a Rockford T2 in a 3.7 cu ft ported box that I believe is tuned around 35-37Hz. It hits some major lows which I love, but the top end of the bass response has a very steep cut-off. So anything with a bass line that goes above a certain frequency gets really quiet really fast. The effect is that you don't even hear the top end of most bass lines.
I don't know exactly what frequency this cutoff starts, but I do know it isn't because of my crossovers. I have a Rockford 1000.1bd on the sub and since my head unit has a built in variable crossover I just have it turned all the way up on the amp. Changing the crossover anywhere from 50 to 125 hz doesn't seem to change it much at all.

My friend has a 15" Fi BL in a similar ported box, and it hits some head buzzing mids that make me so jealous! The SQ really suffers when parts of the bass are loud and deep while others are nonexistent. How can he have a bigger sub in a box that's only 5-7hz higher tuned than mine, yet his bass is 1000x more even across the frequency range?

How can I fix this? Would a different box be the answer? Or is a crossover somewhere faulty? I can't imagine a sub as expensive as a T2 can only be loud in a narrow, low band! I've had Rockford P1's and Kicker CVR's that had a lot better midbass. For example if anyone knows I'm Sprung by T-Pain, there are 3 notes in the bassline. The lowest one is loud as hell, while the highest one is almost inaudible. And they're not that far apart in frequency.
This happens all the time. Just because you pay more doesnt mean you are gaining sq. A lot of people on here complain about the sq of their Rockford T series. I personally have never heard them so I can't comment on that.

I opened I'm Sprung by T Pain in Audacity and it appears the bass lines are 45hz, 58hz and 66hz

The T2's I had sounded no where near as good as my 15in Ascendant Mayhem. And I had 2 of the newer 2011 series T2 15's (with the new black cones). The T2's are just not worth anywhere near what they cost in my opinion, considering what you can get a single FI or Ascendant 15 for that do double the power or more of a RF T2.

I am excited, I have been happy with my ascendant I just haven't had time to build a good box for it yet, the one I had it in was tuned at 47hz.

I started working on a new box for it tonight, a 4.5 cf box tuned at 30hz. I am going to be one happy guy come tomorrow night!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.