Peeved at myself. Stupid me. Stupid terminals....

its10v1
10+ year member

The Caped Rock-Head
Feel like a noob again of course, and here's why:

Replaced my box for my Dual2 RF T1. Everything was gravy for almost 3 weeks. I started noticing at hard bumps in the car, the sub would cut out, I'd turn my deck down thinking my amp just hit thermal protection as happens cause it sometimes can't breathe without my trunk access let down... I eventually noticed that my amp wasn't not shut off. My amp's fine, warm but fine. Wiggle speaker terminals and it comes back, after hitting a few times goes back out.

Is there a way to fix my terminal (no screws just metal push-down terms)

Or am I gonna have to chip away the adhesive around the speaker terminal on my box and replace it..?

Or does silicone adhesive not... rip mdf like I have seen on other boxes?

I usually just cut a hole in the box run my speaker wire then put some liquid nails around it or something. As long as you give the silicone enough time to cure and harden you shouldn't have any leaks.

I'm gonna try drilling through the terminal. Possibly through where the terms come through the plastic, hollow it out after piecing them out and silicone after... Prolly got a spare length of speaker wire just the right length.

Thank y'all for advice, will post back tomorrow (since its supposed to be warmer.. adhesive will set up real quick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

I drill a hole. Run wire thru. And seal it up with hot glue. It cures alot faster than silicone.
Thanks for suggestion. I'll probably end up using hot glue. Just hope it ain't too cold out that it insta-sets up..

Time to drag out ye' old hot glue gun.

just run it through the port.

IMO you'd have to have a seriously undersized port to have a 12-16 guage speaker cable cause AUDIBLE port noise, it is purely in my experience an aesthetic issue.

Also if the enclosure is in the trunk you wouldn't hear it anyway.

I have also used bolts for terminal connections that makes it easy to remove with out altering amp connections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.