rockford fosgate amp goes out

Timot17
10+ year member

My amp seems to get bit hot when it is hot outside and i'm pushing hard and it shuts off for 30 sec then comes back on...then goes off min later for 30 sec...etc.. Is a capacitor the answer or a will a fan work? or both? Or is it more than that?....thanks peeps!

just to let you know if you have the gains too high its going to eventually ruin your speakers and a cap is not any kind of solution unless your charging system is already up to par but this isnt an issue w/ you charging system....turn the gains downa nd it will solve the problem...good luck

what size power wire do you have running to the amp? And how much watts does the amp push?? If the power wire is to small then the amp might be working to hard and that makes it get hot fast. I have used RF amps for awhile and I have run the class ab amps at 2ohms with out them clipping off. The gains will do it too, especially if you dont have both sides atabout the same place.

how many ohms are you running it at? and does the amp get hot? if ur running it at a low impedance load, then this is ur problem... if thats not ur problem, then ur problem is probably what others have mentioned, ur gain is set too high... if neitehr of these is the problem (which i doubt), then ur amp is screwed... sorry to tell ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23 how many ohms are you running it at? and does the amp get hot? if ur running it at a low impedance load, then this is ur problem... if thats not ur problem, then ur problem is probably what others have mentioned, ur gain is set too high... if neitehr of these is the problem (which i doubt), then ur amp is screwed... sorry to tell ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
i havent seen you in a while man...hows it going

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.