Rockford 500S..what the hell!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jdg784
10+ year member

Yep..I'm God
Alright, I've only had my stuff installed for about two weeks, a kappa perfect 12.1 running off a rockford 500s. 4 guage ground/power, down to 8 guage into the amp. it worked fine for a few days, then just cut out on me suddenly, I thought that it might have blown the sub or the VC had gotten stuck but it started working again miraculously the next day. fine for 3 more days, similar problem..against just started working after a disconnect/recconect...then today I was driving home and it cut out on me. I pulled up to my house, stopped and looked back at my wiring. (I had unplugged it right away once it started crapping out on me). I reconnected the turn on wire to the amp and the sound from my speakers dropped severely. That and the led light didn't come on like usual. The sub kinda buzzed for a second, but that was most likely my speakers crackling whenever I plugged the amp in. Is it blown or what guys?

Hmm, well I unhooked the amp and took off the cover too look for any visible damage. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Also..how is it draining my speakers when it shouldn't really be hooked to them directly at all. Is there some way to use the fact that its still ******* power..just not putting it to the sub to point to the problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.