Rock songs that show off Bass.

Wingman0121

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 1, 2010
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
These guys are more known for drum n bass but they made this heavy rock song with the deepest and hardest kickdrum that I've ever heard on an album.

Pendulum - Self Vs Self

Reactions: D J Stone

chillin

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jan 4, 2007
Whistler, Canada
Linkin park had a remix album at one point. Not sure exactly what was done on the tracks, but it may have some more bass going on

They have a few songs with big bass, but cant remember which ones right now

chillin

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jan 4, 2007
Whistler, Canada
Check out alcaholin' *** by hell ya. Not super low, but when the bass kicks in it sounds good

Last edited by a moderator:

emilimo701

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
May 14, 2010
Boston, MA
The staccato bass in Life in the Fast Lane is definitely improved with a capable subwoofer. I love Eagles stuff I used some of their songs, live and recorded, for testing out my system

emilimo701

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
May 14, 2010
Boston, MA
i think this has been done before but alot of metallica and ministry wangs.
I'm as big of a Metallica fan as they come, but I disagree. Metallica tracks are fairly weak on the bass. One of the reasons Newsted left is because he felt his creativity as an artist was limited by the band/producers.

Bassin Buick

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Brandon , FL
slayer's version of innagaddadavida just beats the sh/it outta subs. I used to have to buy a rear view glue kit everytime i played that at full volume in my van. double bass kicks for days!!!

chillin

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jan 4, 2007
Whistler, Canada
I said this earlier to some degree. I heard when he joined the band (and justice) they recorded his tracks really quiet because he was the new guy and not cliff burton

emilimo701

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
May 14, 2010
Boston, MA
I said this earlier to some degree. I heard when he joined the band (and justice) they recorded his tracks really quiet because he was the new guy and not cliff burton
yeah. for "black" did they open him up more? i know that's where he gets his one and only song credit on My Friend of Misery

Bassin Buick

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Brandon , FL
anybody ever notice how high the SQ is on justice compared to all the other albums? it's a quieter cd all around (meaning you have to turn it up a few notches louder than the others) but it really just sounds awesome compared to all of the other albums. not that its better musically , because being a metallica fan i know the debate of which album is best will never be won by any but we can all agree st anger was the worst. LOL

chillin

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jan 4, 2007
Whistler, Canada
Almost all albums are better musicallly from the 80's/early 90's than now. they use to record with a larger dynamic range. thats why things are quieter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds