Rms speaker and head unit questions.

Lund1660

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everybody, I have a boss marine radio mgr350b, it has a rms of 80, has a peak power 60watts per channel. I bought two Polk Audio DB651 which has power rating of 180 watts peak, power handling of 60 watts rms. Will I run into problems if the receiver has a rms of 80 watts and the speakers have a rms of 60 watts.thank you for your help.

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
Hello everybody, I have a boss marine radio mgr350b, it has a rms of 80, has a peak power 60watts per channel. I bought two Polk Audio DB651 which has power rating of 180 watts peak, power handling of 60 watts rms. Will I run into problems if the receiver has a rms of 80 watts and the speakers have a rms of 60 watts.thank you for your help.
smh

Lund1660

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 12, 2019
So probably won’t hurt anything? I found it was very difficult to find a round marine radio that had any good reviews, the boss radio had the best that I could find. I would like to get a pair of 6-9s should I stay with speakers that have 60 rms or find something different?

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
you could run just about anything ya want to polks probably aren't too bad. Boss is pretty bottom of the barrel equipment but they're kinda like cock roaches hard to kill. 

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
So probably won’t hurt anything? I found it was very difficult to find a round marine radio that had any good reviews, the boss radio had the best that I could find. I would like to get a pair of 6-9s should I stay with speakers that have 60 rms or find something different?
get a rockford marine amp and do not use the decks power. youll never look back and from there want to amplify everything. it makes that much of a difference