RMS input / handling help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alewis245

NC
Here's the lowdown: I have two Orion XTR124D 12"s in a ported box and they're rated at 600w rms each. The amp I have is a planet audio AC4000.1D which handles 750w@ 4ohms (which is way under the combined sub rms of 1200w) but on the other hand, the amps output at 2ohms is 1500w which is just a tad higher than the previously stated 1200. The subs are usually run at near full volume as I host football tailgates and built the system specifically for that. With that being said, sinc I'm running near max volume for longer periods of time, should I be running the subs at 750w rms or 1500? Thanks.

Here's the lowdown: I have two Orion XTR124D 12"s in a ported box and they're rated at 600w rms each. The amp I have is a planet audio AC4000.1D which handles 750w@ 4ohms (which is way under the combined sub rms of 1200w) but on the other hand, the amps output at 2ohms is 1500w which is just a tad higher than the previously stated 1200. The subs are usually run at near full volume as I host football tailgates and built the system specifically for that. With that being said, sinc I'm running near max volume for longer periods of time, should I be running the subs at 750w rms or 1500? Thanks.
Youll be lucky to get 400 real watts at 1 ohm out of that planet audio amp. Its a junk company that lies and overinflates power numbers and preys on newbies that dont know about what kind of BS these junk companies do to get sales.

I know the PA probably isn't putting out what they say it's rated for, but hypothetically speaking should I run these subs at 2ohms or 5ohms?

Okay awesome thanks guys. Another quick question, what do you guys think of the Orion XTR124's? When my roomate and I built the system, we had some old audiobahns we found and they blew within the first month of using them. Much better than the audiobahns I assume? I know Orion was one of the better companies back in the day but I'm not sure about now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.