Ripped Eclipse Subwoofer Cone Fixable?

How did it happen, well I'm not sure, it wasn't physical damage well by me at least. I had it powered by a phoenix gold octane R8.1 which is supposely perfect for it. Maybe a back pressure problem cause I made the box for the single voice coil of this sub which is back in there till I get this resolved. All I know is that I looked at it one day and seen it started to rip and didn't have ime to do anything about it and when I did well there you have it. And yeah I like to play my bass hard. It was also faced up and had only one screw holding it down, So if they can replace the cone what would the cost be? I'm trying to see if it's worth the money.

your not going to get original parts to fix that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and it was caused by a defect in the cone... not ur fault but there isnt very much that you can do about it besides getting it reconed by a third party

if someone was to have one of those exact eclipse cones you *MIGHT* be able to replace it, but its unlikely

your not going to get original parts to fix that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and it was caused by a defect in the cone... not ur fault but there isnt very much that you can do about it besides getting it reconed by a third party

if someone was to have one of those exact eclipse cones you *MIGHT* be able to replace it, but its unlikely
You are telling me that you just read the OP's post where he said he made his box for a 'single voice coil' version of the sub, or that he only had one screw holding it down, and you assume he is not at fault in any way? Im gonna go out on a limb here and at least suggest the OP might be responsible for the speaker failure.

You are telling me that you just read the OP's post where he said he made his box for a 'single voice coil' version of the sub, or that he only had one screw holding it down, and you assume he is not at fault in any way? Im gonna go out on a limb here and at least suggest the OP might be responsible for the speaker failure.
thats going to be a short limb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How did it happen, well I'm not sure, it wasn't physical damage well by me at least. I had it powered by a phoenix gold octane R8.1 which is supposely perfect for it. Maybe a back pressure problem cause I made the box for the single voice coil of this sub which is back in there till I get this resolved. All I know is that I looked at it one day and seen it started to rip and didn't have ime to do anything about it and when I did well there you have it. And yeah I like to play my bass hard. It was also faced up and had only one screw holding it down, So if they can replace the cone what would the cost be? I'm trying to see if it's worth the money.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

so maybe i missed that poast... my apologies

thats going to be a short limb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
hush you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.