Right box?

bullshit8421

I am running an American Bass XLF 1244 and have it in a 1.70 cubic ft. box ported and tuned to 33Hz. The dimensions are (W) 16.62" x (H) 14.00" x (D) 17.50". Is this a sufficient box for this sub? Will it cause any damage? Or will I be fine? I'm new to this above OEM replacement stuff.

I am running an American Bass XLF 1244 and have it in a 1.70 cubic ft. box ported and tuned to 33Hz. The dimensions are (W) 16.62" x (H) 14.00" x (D) 17.50". Is this a sufficient box for this sub? Will it cause any damage? Or will I be fine? I'm new to this above OEM replacement stuff.
box needs to be double the size to get any real sound out of the subwoofer. You will only be tapping into 30% of the sub's potential, actually maybe even a lot less depending on how much power you are throwing at it.

It is a pre fab I already had it from my old sub that blew on me. It is gross and the port isn't very big at all. I couldn't find anything on the American Bass website about the box size needed.

What's your max dimensions? I saved the designs for a few xfl 12's I've done, I might have something that will work for you. You need around 2.35cuft@32hz with around 19-20sqin of port area.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

We need your max dimensions to be able to help you out. You could do an aero and keep your overall external size down. I've done 2cuft@32hz for them and it work pretty good, still be a lot better than 1.75.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

I don't have much more room i could maybe go up to about 2cuft but i use my trunk for a lot of things and it fills up when i take trips
i'd start looking for a 10 instead. Space makes bass, you have no space, you get low quality bass if you cram a 12 in no space.

If you can give up a few more inches here and there, we can make it work Via an aero ported box. Give us the max dimensions you can give up in Depth x width x height

Ok so my current box isn't big enough for the sub to even fix in the cut out. So I'm going to go to a local car audio shop and have one customized specifically for the sub. Does anyone have any good recommendations on what frequency to tune it to i listen to rock, rap, and electronic music? And what would be a good volume the box will be one of those wider ones for practical space reasons and normal forward firing? Thank you to all of you who have put in good and helpful advice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.