RidnClean's '99 Expo Build

well since 90% of the shell is done, time to start doin work....

103_3061.jpg

103_3062.jpg

103_3063.jpg

103_3066.jpg

Id stay away from the resin made by Bondo. If you can find a fiberglass supply place, you can get the good stuff for 1/2 the price. It is like hot syrup compared to cold syrup. Goes right through the mat and is much more steady on curing times. That stuff is brown/green. If you find a thin one that smells different and is a pink color, youre good to go. If you find a supply shop, it will save you a ton of money and make your work not only look much better, but save you a bunch of headaches. Night and day difference.

Id stay away from the resin made by Bondo. If you can find a fiberglass supply place, you can get the good stuff for 1/2 the price. It is like hot syrup compared to cold syrup. Goes right through the mat and is much more steady on curing times. That stuff is brown/green. If you find a thin one that smells different and is a pink color, youre good to go. If you find a supply shop, it will save you a ton of money and make your work not only look much better, but save you a bunch of headaches. Night and day difference.

im glad you said somethin, 2nd guy to tell me this.

i already planned on returning this ish tomm!

and folks i dont build walls, so if you got a helpful tip, say somethin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, ditch the brushes too. Just get the pack of chip brushes. They are like 15 of them for $7.50 in the paint brush section in HD. Then just get the little flexible 1qt Mix N Measure tubs. Great for resin. If you want to reuse it, just leave the brush in it and let it harden completely. Then just crack it loose and pull it out with the handle.

Just brace the heck out of it. What design/subs are you using? I could probably give you a hand on how the design should work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.