RF T1001BD NOT 1 ohm stable???

Jdm94Coupe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I took my bmw to a local install shop here in Atlanta.... I had them make me a sealed box for my 2 15's. Solobaric l7's to be exact(dual 4 ohm)..... i dropped my car off and left....

When I returned everything was done!

EXCEPT! I have a o guage kicker wiring kit and they told me 0 guage wouldnt be necessary so i said ok we'll see what happens first... i told them i wanted to use the 300a kicker fuse though....

I returned and all my settings were turned up... the sub on the radio was at 15/15 the highest it would go..... the bass was at its highest level and the gain was more then 75% up..... they told me......" we've been playing it hard for the last hour trying to break the box in"

im thinking to myself ummm why is everything turned up....anyway i got in my car to leave and turned the sub control on my radio down from 15 to 8 and within 4 minutes my amp cuts off and i pull over and its in thermal..... so im pissed.....

i return the next day after my amp wouldnt cut back on and they find out my fuse is blown off my battery and i then see he didnt install my kicker fuse block like i told him to...... anyway they change it out and the amp is getting no power.... they tell me i need to go get the amp repaired.... and the installer says .... i dont like the new RF amps they say they are 1 ohm stable but they can never actually take 1 ohm.....

i need opinions/help..... can them running a 80a fuse and turning all the gains and everything up be what happened to my amp???

and i've been reading about this amp..... no one else has problems with it running at 1 ohm!!!

o and btw i dropped my amp off at a car audio repair shop saturday and will prob know something tuesday or wednesday the guy said......

You have car audio repair shops? You use 300a fuses between batteries or between battery/alternator, but never between battery and amp. You want something a lot smaller so it'll blow and protect your amp should there be a short. I'd take it back to the shop that installed it all and make them pay to fix it.

Were they the ones who told you the RF would run fine at 1 ohm? If you picked all the equip. out yourself and the amp isn't 1 ohm stable, it's your fault and they don't need to do anything about it.

Edit: If you knew what to do ("i told them i wanted to use the 300a kicker fuse though" and "i then see he didnt install my kicker fuse block like i told him to") then why didn't you do it yourself?

hmm if your fuse at your battery blew your amp wouldnt go into protect it wouldnt turn on at all, correct? also this is why i install my own stuff its not that hard, alot easier and cheaper then the hassle of taking it to someone else

the amp is rated at 1 ohm..... they are the ones that told me they dont know why RF rates their amps as being 1 ohm stable they never are....

i think they ****ed up my amp with all the gains up and tried to make an excuse about it not being 1 ohm stable.....

the amp went into thermal...... i cut it off and back on it worked..... went to sleep..... woke up next morning played it and it cut off completely.....

took it back up there found out fuse was blown.... replaced fuse with my kicker one i told them to use in the first place and it never cut back on........

hellsrise...... i was under the inpression that he installed that.......in my bmw the battery is in the trunk under my sub box and underneath wood... i didnt look because i told him to install it... i didnt see it in the car and he still had it at his shop so i didnt know until my amp cut off...... and they checked the fuses

my cousin has a RF T 2001bd and he has been running his at 1 ohm for about a yr now with no problems. The shop must have done something wrong to **** your amp up because those amp are stable at 1 ohm...

I don't think they did it on purpose, I just think they don't know what they're doing.

But it will never be thier fault, it must be your equipment. You should have made them install what you told them to before you left the shop or paid. Basically

1) if you want it done right do it yourself.

2) if it was done wrong, see rule number one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.